Chapter 3

I went to the window to look, we were on a very high floor and it would be impossible to escape from here. Outside several zombies were wandering, I could even see a burning car.

- So we get trapped? - Asked the senator sitting in an armchair.

- Outside is in chaos, there are enough of those things. - I commented still with my gaze towards the glass. - It is very dangerous to go out.

- Then call, ask for help, do something, we won't live here forever. - Said the bulky man.

- Here is my phone. - The woman interrupted and I turned to see.

Claire grabbed the cell phone, while Rani started walking across the room and came over to look out the window, right next to me.

The redhead woman dialed the phone and talked.

- Hello ... - She began to speak. - Yes ... we are at Harvardville airport, with what happened we had to protect ourselves ... likewise ... five, including me. One's wounded, the senator ... we're in the VIP lounge, at the west end of the arrivals lobby, listen, I don't know how long we can hold up in here, send help now before those things get at us. Please hurry! - Said the last desperate and the call ended.

- What did they say? - The senator asked.

- They will come to rescue us. - Claire answered and thanked the brown-haired woman by returning the device.

Then I went to sit on a sofa, sighed and lowered my head. The redhead was not long in approaching me, sitting next to me.

- Thank you very much. - She said and I looked up.

- No problem. - I commented.

- I'm Claire Redfield. - She extended her hand to me.

- Laura López. - I handed her mine with a half smile.

- Nice to meet you, Laura. - We both shook hands. - You are very brave.

- Thank you. - I just said.

- How come you lost your shoes? - She questioned.

- Yes, well ... there was ... - I lowered my head looking at the ground. - There was a guard who helped us and those things attacked us, one of them grabbed my foot and I had no choice but to take off my shoes to get rid of him ... however the guard couldn't stand up because they bit him on the neck and I ... I couldn't do anything for him. - I said with courage clenching my fists.

- I am sorry to hear that. - Claire commented.

- I don't understand why this happens?

- There are very bad people in the world, Laura, as there are also people with good hearts. When there are men who want more power, the innocent suffer the consequences, but sooner or later they will pay for everything. - She gave her opinion, hopeful.

- This is like reliving a nightmare. - I mumbled and she touched my shoulder.

- Believe me I understand you. - She gave me an understanding look.

This sensation seemed familiar to me. It was strange. I was thinking for a moment.

Suddenly we heard a lot of noise coming from outside. The woman went to the window.

- It's the rescue unit. - Said the brown haired one. - But they're closing the gates.

Claire got up and went over to take a look.

- It's the special response team, they are closing the facilities, it is so that no one enters or leaves. We'd better keep waiting here, they'll surely come for us. - The redhead explained.

So we wait for a long time.

I could tell that the sun was setting, until it got dark.

We were all tired of waiting.

- Why are they taking so long? - The senator dared to say annoyed.

It was just when we heard gunshot sounds. Rani became alarmed and began to tremble in fear.

- Those were gunshots. - The woman who was with us mentioned scared.

- They sent help, we're gonna get out of here. - Claire said trying to alleviate the situation and thereby reassure the little girl.

- You should thank me. - The arrogant man interrupted. - If you hadn't told them I was here, they would've ignored your call.

- You might want to stick your ego up your ass. - Claire looked at him. - Considering your own secretary left you here to die.

I watched the senator carefully and covered my mouth to keep from laughing. That was a low blow. The politician didn't know what to say and decided to shut up.

Suddenly we heard a scream and we all jumped.

- What was that? - The kid asked fearfully.

- Someone who isn't infected. - The redhead answered. - We have to help.

- It's too late, there's nothing we can do. - Said the man in a suit.

- Ehh ... That's right. - Opinion the woman. - I mean, if you, then I leave too.

- No, Claire, don't go. - Rani interrupted pulling her aunt. - When my father left, he said the same thing. He said he was going to go help my mother, but he didn't come back and neither did she. If you leave, you won't come back either. - The kid started to cry and her aunt hugged her.

- It's okay, I am gonna come back. I promise.

- Really? - Rani asked and Claire winked at her.

I just stared at the whole scene with a lot of nostalgia and concern.

- By the way, do we have anything here that can be used as a weapon? - Questioned the redhead, looking at the other woman.

The brown-haired one handed her an umbrella of striped colors, white and red.

- Wait, Claire ... - I stopped her before she left. - Are you sure you don't need someone to accompany you? I can give you a hand if you want.

- Don't worry, Laura. I've been through this before, plus I need you to take care of Rani. I trust you. - She said with a smile and left.

Claire had left me with a lot of intrigue.

I could see the woman opened the door slowly, apparently there were no infected around so the redhead came out and the brown-haired lady closed the door again, locking it.

I contemplated the sad face of the little girl as she looked at the door, it was heartbreaking.

I sighed and decided to stand next to her, then Rani hugged me and I stroked her hair.

She was just like her.