Chapter 6

I decided to take a few steps forward and stand next to her.

- Sorry. - It was all I said while she was watching the scene.

She turned her head a little to direct her gaze to me, I gave her a half smile understanding her pain.

- Who are you? - She asked me very discouraged.

- Laura. - I answered her and looked at the ground. - I heard your name is Angela. - I commented and she didn't say anything. - Nice name.

I was interrupted by Rani's sobs, she was being held by a doctor and there was a old woman on the other side of the fence who was glad to see her alive. Then a sound caught my attention, it was Claire who had slapped the politician in the face. I smiled at that, he deserved it.

- Keep up agent. - I just said to then get away from her.

I crossed over to Leon's side and patted him on the shoulder and then went on my way and left him alone.

A doctor came up to me and took me to an ambulance, I sat to the side and he did a quick check-up. With an ophthalmoscope he checked my eyes, also with a tongue depressor he examined my mouth and throat. He asked me a couple of questions about how I lost one side of my shoe and I told him what happened.

He rested the head of a stethoscope against my chest and prepared to hear if I had any abnormalities within me. The moment he got to my back, he lifted my shirt and definitely saw the scrapes from the fall from saving Rani. He asked me “how” that happened and I explained it to him.

He proceeded to heal the injury, while I noticed Leon was watching Angela closely and she was still looking in the direction of the airport.

I ducked my head and couldn't help but remember what had happened in there. I still couldn't understand why we left him, I know it was his decision but there must be a cure. I do not understand.

How could this happen?

What is that makes them turn into those things?

This is not the same as what happened in Spain.

My thoughts were interrupted when I realized the doctor had a syringe in his hand. He explained to me that it was an antivirus and just at that moment I saw that some trucks were entering the perimeter, a logo "Wilpharma Pharmaceutical Company" was inscribed on them.

I looked puzzled and it was when the doctor injected me with a dose, I was startled a little but then I calmed down.

The doctor said he was done and let me go. Then with a little pain in my back I stood up, looked around me, soldiers walking armed, medical professionals doing their job, I didn't see anyone else again.

I decided to walk, I didn't know what to do, I lost my luggage, my documents, again alone in this world, damn it. Although ... I wasn't quite alone, I need to talk to the blonde.

I came to a lonely part, there was no one or so I thought, until I heard Leon's voice, when I was going to get closer to him I realized he was talking on the phone with someone, it didn't take long to recognize Hunnigan's voice. I decided to hide and listen to the conversation.

- After I received confirmation from USHMRIID that the virus used in this attack was indeed the T virus, I submitted a plan to the president. - Hunnigan said on the phone. - He pushed it through as a special emergency act. Every marine involved in the assault were vaccinated.

- Have the terrorists made any demands? - Leon asked.

- No, not yet. But the FBI captured a member of General Grande's army in Los Angeles just moments ago. When we interrogate him, he might give us some information between this terrorist attack and the one in India. - Informed Hunnigan.