Alistair gives me a curt nod, but I don't hesitate before hugging him as well.

Lastly Rain, gives me a quick peck on the cheek. "How have you been?" She asks.

"You know, very busy, so many places to visit." I say.

"Well I'm glad you've come home, we've all missed you terribly." She says with a smile across her lips.

Home. I try to repress the glum sensation that desperately wants to wash over my body. As much as I want the place to be my home once more, I know it's not possible. Not even after four years.

"Where's the wife?" Dante asks, clapping me on the back. "Has she grown sick of you already?" He chuckles, thinking his own joke much more funny than it is.

"No, but she's getting there."

I turn around to find the most beautiful woman I've even laid my eyes upon, standing at the entrance to the living room. Her rich brown hair is swept up into a loose bun, leaving wispy hairs to frame her face. Those engrossing pools of watery ice stare at me, as if they were looking at me for the first time all over again. I don't think I could ever get sick of staring at my gorgeous girl, Mia.

"Mia!" Hailey and Rain both yell in unison and run over to her, throwing themselves at her.

I flinch, and find myself stepping towards the trio, hoping that they don't hurt her with their excitement.

"We missed you so much, you have to tell us everything!" Hailey exclaims.

"Yes, It's been what... Over two years?" Rain asks.

"It has been so long, but I'm here now." Mia says. Her smile is so wide, and I can tell she's beyond ecstatic. She's been looking forward to seeing everyone for a while now.

I've noticed that she's begun slowing down. She isn't as eager to move around, and she's started talking to me about settling down. And while the past four years have been the best of my life, I can't help but feel elated at the prospect of starting a life with Mia.

Alistair greets Mia, followed by Dante, who picks her up and twirls her around as she giggles like a little girl. "Put me down." She chuckles, and with a stern look from me, he does as he's told.

"I've missed you so much, Mia. You have no idea."

"I've missed you too, Dante." Mia gives him a hug and I don't fail to notice as a tear slips from the corner of her eye.

Feeling as If I'm intruding on their moment, I look away and find my eyes wandering towards the two children who have found their way back to the centre of the apartment. The blonde haired boy, holds the hand of Mirabella, who stands with a wide grin on her face. She bears a strong resemblance to her mother, with caramel coloured hair and soft curls.

"Hey Bella." I kneel down to greet the girl, but Alexander is quick to stand in front of her, blocking me from her. A frown grace his features as he shakes his head.

"She's mine!"

Instantly Mirabella pushes Alexander out of the way, and gives him a face which I don't think any man wants to be given. "No way, I'm not yours. I'm older than you!"

And then she gives me a big hug, and I hug her back, all while Alexander gives me the death stare.

I guess some things run in the family.

Letting Bella go, I watch as she scurries over to Mia, with the boy at her side. "I missed you, Mia!" The girl shouts as she jumps into my wife's arms.

"I missed you too, my dear Mirabella."