Chapter 69: I Need A Gun

"We need to get up." Matteo whispers into my ear, and I groan in protest, wanting to stay beneath the warm covers where I'm safe in Matteo's arms.

My whole body feels like it's floating upon a very fluffy cloud, where none of the world's problems can reach me. I'm in control.

"We need dinner..." He says.

He doesn't finish his sentence, though I think I can get the main gist of it. 'We need dinner... Because tomorrow is going to be a shit-hole of a day, and we are probably going to die.'

Tomorrow I finally meet Harry, the man who killed my father, Scott and taken hostage both Dante and Alice - As well as tortured and threatened their lives. When I finally get to look the bastard in the eyes, it'll be when I have a gun aimed at his forehead, and a bullet in his skull.

I sit up from the comfortable position I had been lying in, and stare at Matteo in all his beauty. I feel so many different emotions when I look at him, and they all seem to contradict each other. Though I know for sure that I feel strongly for him. I don't know if it's love, but It doesn't need to be... I'm happy with what it is at the moment.

And besides, I have bigger things to worry about besides my feelings regarding him, like what kind of gun I'm going to use to kill Harry, and how many bullets I'm going to put through his body.

I purse my lips, and let them curl into an unforgiving smirk.

"What are you smiling about?" He grins.

I turn to look back down at him, his body still laying on the bed, propped up by a few pillows. His chest is bare, exposing his toned body and I have to look away to hide the red tinge which I can feel creeping over my complexion in embarrassment.

I hadn't slept with Matteo.

As much as I wanted to - I couldn't. Not after what happened with Scott, I couldn't deal with another scare and I didn't want to run the risk. I couldn't put myself through something like that - Not again.

"Nothing." I say as I slide from the bed and head towards my suitcase which is still cramped in the corner of my bedroom. Taking out a simple blue dress, I quickly slide it over my shoulders.

I turn back to Matteo, who looks at me with longing. "You're beautiful." He smiles.

I fight hard to try and hide the smile which desperately wants to form on my lips, but it shows through. "You're not too bad yourself." I mumble as I stalk towards the bathroom, spraying perfume and washing my face with some water.

I can't help but stare at the ugly bruise which is still clearly visible on my neck. I reach to touch it, but a hand stops me from doing so.

I look up at Matteo whose eyes are wide and filled with so much emotion, that I struggle to decipher what he's feeling. He doesn't say anything, but he doesn't need to.

I drop my hand and look back into the mirror, at my mistake. My mistake in trusting a man too blindly, in looking past all the things that made him suspicious, because I was too desperate to believe that not everyone in this world has ulterior motives. I will not make that mistake again, and this bruise will be a reminder until it is not longer visible on either my skin or in my mind.

"We are having guests for dinner." Matteo murmurs.

I look up at his reflection, and cock my head to the side.

"I have called in some favours that friends owe me. Tomorrow we will need all the help we can get. I can guarantee that Harry will not be working alone. He will have recruited others to help him."

I nod my head. Of course Harry has others helping him. He's going to do everything in his power to attain what he wants - Being me, and my death.

"I'm going to go get dressed, meet me outside your room in five minutes." Matteo says, before quickly kissing me on the cheek, leaving me alone.