Chapter 4 || Jealousy, The Kiss & Red Skull

In the morning light I was with Howard by the glass chamber as he examines the Hydra cartridge, "emission signature is unusual, alpha and beta ray neutral. Though I doubt Rogers picked up on that, seems harmless enough, hard to see what all the fuss is about."

Suddenly as I was doing my work all I heard was a blast that had sent Stark and his engineer flying across the room, I ran up a bit to see what had happened.

Howard struggled to get up with all the papers, when he did he took a breath and looking at his engineer, "write that down."

I lightly gasped shaking my head, "Stark, this is a work place not a play pin for little kids."

"I don't know baby, I could say it is since we are kids in this work place playing with toys," he cockily says coming over to me with that smirk.

I shook my head chuckling, "Stark stop it."

"What? What's there to stop? We have chemistry Miranda, an undeniable chemistry that I can't even stop trying to keep my hands off you. And maybe throw in some kids on the side?" He says.

I shook my head smiling a bit, "Howard stop, it was fun while it lasted but I can't keep doing this anymore."

"Come on Miranda, you know you love me?" He says.

"Howard, I love you as my close friend okay? A friend, besides I have to find Steve," I said.

He rolls his eyes walking away, "again? What do you so desperately need from him anyway?"

"He's supposed to see you this morning Howard, stop being a child and get to work," I tell him, "I'll be back."

Peggy stood on by chuckling, we both smirked while giving each other high fives, I walked out to go find Steve somewhere in the other part of the building where he might be lost and confused at.

Steve's POV

I walked up to Private Lorraine seeming to be lost on where Howard was supposed to be, "excuse me, I'm looking for Mr. Stark."

"He's in with Colonel Phillips, of course you're welcome to wait," she says giving me a flirtatious smile while I perch on the edge of her desk waiting, "I read about what you did."

I was confused as to her showing me the newspaper about the rescue mission, I chuckled, "oh! The...yeah! Well, that's you know? Just doin' what needed to be done."

"Sounded like more than that, you saved nearly four hundred men," she says smirking.

I shrugged, "really, it's not a big deal."

"Tell that to their wives," she says walking up to me.

"Uh, I don't think they were all married," I replied getting nervous by her approaching me.

She smiled, "you're a hero."

"Well that—you know? That-that depends on the definition of it really," I nervously said as she grabs my tie.

She smiles, "the women of America, they owe you their thanks, and uh—seeing as they're not here."

She had grabbed me to a corner of the office kissing me, I didn't know how to react as I had kissed her back, "captain!"

Miranda's POV

As I startled Steve and Lorraine sucking each other's faces, they had separated as he had looked like a child in elementary having his first kiss, I was insanely jealous as to seeing what just occurred in front of me.

"We're ready for you, if you're not otherwise occupied," I said sounding annoyed.

Steve raced after me wiping the lipstick off, "agent Anderson, wait."