Chapter 9 || Loki, Steve Knows & The Truth

As we were in the briefing room, we were watching Fury talk to Loki, he looks to the camera, "oh I've heard."

"The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki says looking over at him.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can't hope to control, you talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate, you might not be glad that you did," Fury tells him.

"Ooh, it burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is," Loki tells him staring at him.

Fury walks down the steps smiling at him, "well, you let me know if 'Real Power' wants a magazine or something."

Loki is then seen looking at the camera smirking, we watch until it goes black. I sit next to Steve while Natasha is on the other side of the table, I look up to see that Thor is standing there in silence while he listens being torn apart that his brother had done this.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asks breaking the silence.

"Loki's gonna drag this out, so, Thor what's his play?" Steve asks.

Thor then turns around, "he has an army called the Chitauri, they're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people, they will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

Steve didn't look that amused as he looked at me and then the rest of the group, "an army? From outer space?"

"So he's building another portal, that's what he needs Erik Selvig for," Bruce says.

Thor looks to him, "Selvig?"

"He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours," I speak up.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him, he's not leading an army from here," Steve says looking around.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki, that guys brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him," Bruce tells us all.

"Have care how you speak, Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother," Thor says.

Natasha looks unsettled, "he killed eighty people in two days."

"He's adopted," Thor commented not sounding pleased.

I scoffed lightly, Bruce walked up a bit, "I think it's about the mechanics, iridium, what did they need the iridium for?"

"It's a stabilizing agent," Tony interrupts coming in the briefing room with Coulson, "I'll fly you there, keep the love alive. Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at Shield."

Tony walks up and walks on by Thor hitting his arm lightly, "no hard feelings Point Break, you've got a mean swing. Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long as Loki wants."

Tony turns to the crew who don't look amused to see him, "uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."

I shook my head at how he said that to everyone, he then covers his one eye and the other to see the screens, "how does Fury do this?"

Agent Maria Hill looked at Tony in disbelief, "he turns."