Chapter 17 || Thanos, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Infinity Stones & Wakanda

I lie on the floor wounded as our ship was hit with missiles, Thor was over by the throne of where the seat he was sitting at was, Heimdall locked eyes with me telling me with his eyes that he has a plan.

"Hear me, and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan, you may think this is suffering—no. It is salvation," Ebony Maw says then continues, "universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice—smile."

One of the other men Corvus Glaive stabs one of the Asgardians that was still breathing and was still alive, Ebony stood up being proud of what he was saying, "for even in death, you have become children of Thanos."

I look to see Loki standing with the Black Order, he sees me as he glanced around, he looked solemn seeing me injured with little strength I have, then turns back looking out the large window.

"I know what it's like to lose, to feel so desperately that you're right—yet to fail, nonetheless," Thanos says as he walks over to where Thor was lifting him by the neck of his breastplate, "it's frightening, turns the legs into jelly, I ask you, to what end? Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here, or should I say—I am."

Thanos then holds up his hand to reveal the Infinity Gauntlet, which already hosts the Power Stone, I let out a small gasp seeing what I'm seeing.

Thor is now held by Thanos' hand that wraps around his head, I see blood drooling out of his mouth that makes my heart hurt, "you talk too much."

"The Tesseract, or your brothers head, I assume you have a preference," Thanos says to Loki.

"Oh I do, kill away!" Loki says evilly making me clench my jaw.

Thanos shows an expression of surprise briefly before pressing the gauntlet to Thor's left temple with the Power Stone that glows brightly, Thor then screams hoarsely making me close my eyes in agony hearing him scream in pain.

Loki loses his "cool" in front of Thanos immediately as he watches him suffer, then breaks after a few moments, "alright, stop!"

"We don't have the Tesseract, it was destroyed on Asgard," Thor sterns to say.

Loki makes the Tesseract appear in his hand, "you—really are the worst brother."

"I assure you, brother—the sun will shine on us again," Loki says to Thor giving him an assuring look.

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian," Thanos tells him sounding surprised but misjudged yet his change of character.

"Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian," Loki says to him causing Thanos to look at him concerned to continue on with what he has to say, "and for another—we have a hulk."

Thanos looks to his right just as a green and very angry Hulk slams into him, Loki dives for Thor, pulling both of them out of the way as the Tesseract skitters across the floor, and the Hulk charges at Thanos.

Hulk roars at Thanos, he pummels Thanos, forcing him backwards and shoving him into the wall of the ship. Maw stops Cull Obsidian from interfering, "let him have his fun."

Thanos pries the Hulk's hands away—an expression of surprise and fear crosses his green face—before he has the chance to throw more punches at him, Thanos hits him in the neck, and quickly turns the tide of the battle on his favor.

After several hard blows and a knee to the face, Thanos picks up Hulk and slams him to the deck, defeated. Thor slams a metal bar across Thanos' back to no avail, he is then kicked across the deck by Thanos and is promptly bound in metal debris by Ebony Maw to keep him from interfering further.