Chapter 16 || Attack in Vienna, UN Bucky's escape, The Kiss & Asgard

I was in the hotel room while Sam came walking in with Steve and Sharon, I tensed up seeing her as I knew that both Steve and her were talking outside. I was watching the news seeing that Vienna at the Accords signing the building was blown up, I was worried for Nat.

"A bomb hidden in a news van—"

"Who's coordinating?" Sharon asked.

"—ripped through the UN building in Vienna."

"Good, they're solid. Forensics?" She asked again.

"More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations."

"I have to go to work," she says stepping out.

I looked back to Steve as Sam did, he knew that Bucky was out there and it was his plan to go see him and bring him back to us. I swallowed as I knew what he had in mind, we dressed up in disguises and walked out.

Steve and I approach Sam in the coffee shop as we were distances away from each other keeping a low profile, he's standing at the counter, "she tell you to stay out of it? Might have a point."

"He'd do it for us."

"1945, maybe. I just want to make sure we considered all our options, the people that shoot at you usually wind up shooting at me," he says then Sharon shows up standing next to Steve.

I clenched my jaw as Sam looks over from her then to me, he leans in close, "you don't like her as much as he does do you?"

"At least I'm not flirting with my colleague, he's a married man for gods sake," I respond coldly.

He was taken aback, "wow do I detect jealousy from you?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

"Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public. Everybody thinks the Winter soldier goes to their gym. Most of it's noise. Except for this," she says then slides Steve a file, "my boss expects a briefing, pretty much now—so that's all the head start you're gonna get."

"Thank you," Steve says to her nodding.

"And you're gonna have to hurry, we have orders to shoot on sight," she tells us.

As she walks away Steve comes up to me standing next to me as I lean against the counter with my elbows on it, "you alright?"

"Never better."

As Steve and I are suited up, we are in a small apartment, his shield is on his arm as we both look around. We both see a mattress with disheveled covers and various bits of cheap looking furniture, the kitchen and bedroom are in the same room, Steve found a notebook on top of the fridge, he picks it up and opens it, there are tabs of varying colors sticking out from amongst the pages.

"Heads up Cap and Agent Rogers, German special forces, approaching from the south," Sam says over the radio to us.

"Understood," Steve responds, we both sensed Bucky standing behind us, we turn slowly to face him as Steve points to himself, "do you know me?"

"You're Steve, I read about you in a museum," he says, "and you're agent Anderson too."

My heart fluttered as he read about me, but I still wanted him fully back to us, "they've set the perimeter."

"I know you're nervous, and you have plenty of reason to be, but you're lying," Steve tells him as I look out the window with a safe distance.

"I wasn't in Vienna, I don't do that anymore," Bucky responds.