Chapter 6 || The Meeting of Tony Stark & Black Widow

In the morning I began to get dressed to head on my way to the airport to fly to Malibu, California where Tony is. Steve peered in through the bedroom as I checked myself out on the mirror that was hung on the wall, he leaned against the wall crossing his arms staring at me.

"You're so beautiful, I can't believe you're leaving me to be an agent for someone," he says sounding heartbroken.

I half smiled turning to him as I walked on over, "Steve, it's only temporary, Nick assigned me this job to work with agent Romanoff so I'm going. I can't turn down my first assignment, you know that, even as a captain."

"You know me best Miranda, but I'm worried," he says with that cute saddened face of his.

I smiled putting my hands on his face, "what are you worried about?"

"That Tony will make a move on you, or someone else," he says, "especially since I won't be around."

I smiled teasingly, "is someone jealous?"

"I-I'm not," he blushes.

I laughed, "awe you're so cute sometimes, even when you blush and are jealous."

"Is it that bad?" He asked.

"Sometimes."

I kissed him then heard a knock at the door, "that's my ride, I have to get going, I'll see you when I get back?"

"Don't be late."

I winked, "never."

I kissed him one last time as his hand caressed my cheek, "I love you."

"I love you more Miranda."

I gave one last peck on his lips then grabbed my things, I said goodbye to him one last time then walked out of the door with the driver who's taking me to the airport. It's going to be hard for me to not be next to Steve, but since this is a new job opportunity for me from Fury, it's something that I'm willing to take.

Fury filled me in that there's some sort of intel where someone is going to target Tony and attack him from Russia but also told me that Tony is ill and unwell, Romanoff is known as Black Widow while I'm just a shield agent.

As we arrived at the airport, I step out to be greeted with a red haired woman, I looked at her and couldn't recognize her. As I had stepped out, she turned around facing me and smiled.

"You must be agent Anderson, I'm—"

"Natasha Romanoff, Fury told me all about you," I interrupted.

She smiled, "he's told me all about you, how did it feel coming out of the ice?"

"I don't remember much, but all I remember is waking up in a play set of a room thinking I was back in the nineteen forties," I retorted as we boarded the plane, "and then you know, kicking some asses here and there but I don't recommend it."

She chuckled, "I like you, you've got some good sense of humor on you. I like that."

"Thanks, was worried I would bore you on the plane," I said nervously.

She smiled, "with a funny sense of humor like yours? You can never bore me."

Both of us got champagne and shared a toast, I looked to her, "so, what's your story?"

Many hours later we finally landed in Malibu, both Natasha and I got our things ready and walked off the plane to see a car waiting for us. They were going to take us to shield command, where we'll stay temporarily.

We walked up nodding to the drivers/agents, we put our things into the car and were set on our way to go to the headquarters. Once we arrived, we got our things settled and was prepared to go undercover to meet Tony.