Chapter 19 || Professor Smart Hulk, Going Back In Time, Nat's Gone & Hulk's Snap

We drive to a cafe somewhere, all three of us are shocked to see Bruce Banner as Professor Smart Hulk, with multiple big plates of everything for breakfast, "come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating."

He pushes a plate forward, "try some of that, have some eggs."

"I'm so confused," Scott blurts breaking the silence.

Bruce looks to him, "these are confusing times."

"Right, no, no, that's not what I meant," Scott says shaking his head.

Bruce cuts to the chase, "no, I get it. I'm kidding! I know, it's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now."

"Yeah! Wh...how? Why?" Scott asks questioningly.

"Five years ago, we got our asses beaten. Except it was worse for me, because I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost. Then, we all lost," Bruce explains.

Nat shakes her head, "no one blamed you, Bruce."

"I did, for years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then I started looking at him as the cure, eighteen months in a gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together, and now look at me, best of both worlds," he explained to us about his experience.

Suddenly three children behind Bruce walk up to him tentatively, "excuse me, Mr. Hulk?"

"Yes?"

"Can we get a photo?"

"Hundred perfect little person, come on step up," he says as they came closer then he holds the phone out to Scott, "you mind?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Thanks," he turns to the children, "say green!"

Scott snaps the photo, "did you get that?"

He leans forward handing back the phone, "do you wanna grab one with me? I'm Ant-Man."

Then he shakes it off, "they're Hulk fans, they don't know Ant-Man, nobody does."

"Wait, no, no, he feels bad. No, he wants you to...he wants to," Bruce turns to one of the boys, "you want to take a picture with him, right?"

The boy shakes his head vigorously, "stranger danger."

"He's even saying no he doesn't, I get it, I don't want it either," Scott replies.

"But, come on, the kid! But he...but you..."

"I don't want a picture with them."

"He's gonna feel bad," he says then turns to Scott, "sorry, they said they'd do it."

"I don't want it anymore."

"No, no...you feel bad."

"Just take the goddamn phone."

The girl grabs it, "thank you, Mr. Hulk."

"No, it's great kids. Thank you very much," he says then all of them flex like Bruce, "hulk out!"

"Bruce," I said getting his attention.

"Dab!" Bruce says awkwardly.

"Bruce."

"Listen to your mom, she knows better," he continues.

"About we were saying," I began.

He turns to us nodding, "right, the whole time travel do-over? Guys, it's outside my area of expertise."

"Well, you pulled this off. I remember a time when that seemed pretty impossible, too," Nat tells him.

In the lab at the Avengers Compound, Bruce is fiddling with buttons on a panel. Scott is in his Ant-Man suit in front of the van he arrived in, with the back open to show the Quantum Tunnel. Nat and I are beside Bruce to see how this will work, I pray to god it works so Miranda can come back to me and our kids.