Chapter 5 || Rescue Mission, Bucky's Fall, Last Goodbye & 70 years past

Steve's POV

We are on the high point on the snowy mountain, the howling commandos, Bucky and I were planning on zip lining onto the train to get to where Red Skull is, I looked onto the scenery and just pictured myself rescuing Miranda to bring her home.

"Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked standing next to me.

I nodded, "yeah, and I threw up?"

"This isn't payback is it?" Bucky swallowed.

I smirked shaking my head, "now why would I do that?"

"You never know Steve, ever since you've become all muscles and a woman's man, I never know what you're thinking," he comments.

I chuckled patting his shoulder, "this isn't payback Buck, we're just going to zip line onto the train get to where Red Skull is and bring Miranda home."

"Do you ever wonder what he's—"

"Don't Buck."

He stared over to me, "well do you?"

"Yes I worry for her and hope to God he doesn't torture her, but I can't think about it much to have it distract me," I tell him.

He nods, "no yeah, I get it."

"Buck," I start.

"Yeah?"

"I know you have feelings for her," I tell him.

He shrugged shuffling his feet in the snow, "w-what makes you say that?"

"I've seen how close you've been with her," I perched, "it wasn't hard to tell, I even saw you two at the tree together."

He stares at me instantly, "Steve, it wasn't like that okay? Yeah at first when you were small and scrawny, I saw her first and wanted to go out of my way to be with her, but ever since you two met and I've been gone for a long time until you found me—I knew in some physical sense that you would fall in love with her, not saying you took her away from me I'm just saying I knew you would like her as much as I did."

"Thanks, Buck, but you sure I didn't steal her?" I asked him.

He chuckled nodding, "I'm sure."

"We were right, Dr. Zola's on the train. Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle, wherever he's going, they must need him bad," Gabe Jones says to us.

"Let's get going because they're moving like the Devil," Falsworth follows after Jones.

I nodded, "We only got about a ten-second window, you miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield."

We all stand firm to get ready to zip line, "mind the gap!"

"Better get moving, bugs!" Dugan says.

Bucky, Gabe, and I zipline onto the train, as we got on we were moving and fighting our way through the train, troops started coming at us trying to stop us.

Bucky helps me out after I killed one of the men that he was having trouble with, "I had him on the ropes."

"I know you did," I said to him.

Another trooper with a blaster appeared to us, "get down!"

"Fire again! Kill him! Now!" Zola yells.

Another blast came through causing Bucky to go through the hole and was now hanging outside the train, as I hold onto something I reach for his hand, "Bucky! Hang on! Grab my hand!"