Chapter 12 || The Winter Soldier & Saving the World

Steve's POV

Natasha and I drive to New Jersey after the mall dressed up in disguise as the Strike team were looking for us, Natasha and I shared a kiss that I now regret since I'm with Miranda.

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" She asks.

"Nazi Germany."

"Mm."

"And we're borrowing, take your feet off the dash," I tell her as she listens.

"Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?" She asks.

"What?"

"What's going on with you and Miranda huh? I was on the phone with her earlier and she didn't seem too happy," she tells me.

I sighed, "we had a fair share of an argument about Sharon Carter."

"Hm, agent 13? Okay, go on," she says.

"She thought that I was falling for Sharon and flirting with her, even thought that I was doing the same to you," I explained to her.

She nods, "huh, well we did kiss at the mall. Seemed like you liked it."

"I did not like it."

"Mhm, but you gotta know, Miranda doesn't do well when it comes to jealousy you know? I've seen it," she tells me.

I looked to her, "so have I."

"Did she tell you the news?" She asked me.

I nod, "she's pregnant?"

"She told you didn't she?" She asked.

I nod, "she did."

"Why do I suspect that you're not happy about it?" She asked.

I sighed, "I do want another baby, but I'm just worried about her."

"Steve, she's a strong woman. She can take care of herself," she tells me, "she can handle herself, you've seen her when we were in New York."

I nodded, "when did you become so fond of our relationship?"

"What? I'm the godmother of your guys' son, I care about you guys," she says, "and if you ever mess up I will hunt you down and kill you okay? Don't screw up with her."

She flicked my arm and I chuckled, "okay alright, I won't."

"Good."

We pull up outside of an abandoned military base where the signal led us to, "this is it."

"The file came from these coordinates," Natasha says.

"So did I," I said as we walk around the base, "this camp is where I was trained."

"Changed much?" She asked with a smirk.

"A little."

I start having brief visions of my past small self running past me as I was getting trained with other soldiers, "Pick up the pace, ladies! Let's go! Let's go! Double time! Come on Rogers, move it! Come on! Fall in! Rogers! I said fall in!"

"This is a dead end. Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off," Natasha says as I notice a building up ahead, "what is it?"

We walk over to the building, "Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place."