Chapter 11 || The Ghost Shooter & Shield Compromised

When Steve came back from talking with Fury, both him and I went to a Smithsonian Museum that had an exhibit dedicated to Captain America, I even saw that they have a mannequin of me next to Steve's with Bucky and the Howling Commandos with my picture.

"A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world. The story of Captain America is one of honor, bravery and sacrifice," The Smithsonian narrator says.

We got off his motorcycle and began to walk inside, he wore a baseball cap while I also wore one as well to keep our faces hidden while inside the exhibit.

"Welcome to the Smithsonian. Visitor information booths are available on the second level," the woman on the PA says.

"Denied enlistment due to poor health, Steven Rogers was chosen for a program unique in the annals of American warfare. One that would transform him into the world's first super soldier," Smithsonian Narrator continues.

As we had stopped walking for a second there was this little boy that recognized both of us, we both smiled telling him to be quiet, I gave the little boy a pin of both Steve and I on it. I gave his cheek a little kiss rubbing his head messing up his hair a bit, he smiled with a little blush and gasped running to his parents that he got a pin.

Steve and I held hands chuckling as we continued walking, "he reminds me of Matty."

"Speaking of our son, has he been doing alright?" Steve asked me.

I nodded, "yes, Jennifer has been sending me videos of him and pictures. He had breakfast this morning and made a complete mess, look at this."

I showed him the picture that shows our son with pancake pieces over his head and syrup on his cheeks and hands, Steve laughed, "that's my boy! When did he become a messy eater?"

"Since his first birthday babe, you remember don't you? With the birthday cake?" I asked him putting my phone away.

He nods remembering, "oh yes, how was he able to get cake in his ear?"

"I don't know babe," I laughed, "he's having the time of his life."

He nods as he looks to me, "we made a very adorable child didn't we?"

"Yes we did, he looks a lot like you," I tell him causing him to smile.

"I thought for sure he'd have your eyes but he stole mine," he tells me as we kept on walking.

I chuckled, "the prettiest eyes ever."

I kissed him, we then walk to a video room to watch an old footage, "In this rare footage, everyone's favorite war hero, Captain America...—"

We then walk to the display where there are mannequins of us with the outfits we wore and our pictures in the background, Steve stared mostly at Bucky because he missed him. I did miss him too, it felt like only yesterday we just lost our friend.

"Battle tested, Captain America and his Howling Commandos quickly earned their stripes. Their mission, taking down HYDRA, the Nazi rogue science division," the narrator continues.

Both of us walk over to the display of where it shows Bucky, "Best friends since childhood, Bucky Barnes and Steven Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Barnes is the only Howling Commando to give his life in service of his country."

I walk around a bit but found Steve in the video room watching an old footage of Peggy being interviewed, I sighed seeing him stare at her through the screen. I walked inside to join him, I rubbed his back as he watches.