Chapter 8 || God of Thunder, Back Home & Avengers

I had arrived in New Mexico some time later in the night on the field where there were tents, vehicles and agents armed all around, there was a huge hole in the ground. Wondered what crashed here, I got out of the vehicle approaching inside the facility to see Coulson.

"What do we got?" I asked.

He looked over to me then again as if he was surprised to see me, "this was unexpected, Fury didn't say he was bringing you halfway across the country once more."

I shrugged slightly, "wanted me to get out there more."

"Huh."

"So, what's the intel?" I asked with my arms crossed.

"Well, as you can see, there's a satellite that's manifesting a lot of electromagnetic fields. We don't know where it came from, all we know is it came from outer space," Phil explains to me.

I nod interested, "huh, sounds intense. Do we have anyone who's coming after this satellite?"

"Not that we know of."

There was something that the agents and technicians figured out, "we've got something outside the fence, west side."

I got antsy a bit just by hearing what's going to happen just now, "Delancey, Jackson. West side perimeter, go check it out."

Within a minute going by there was no response or feedback, "Delancey, Jackson. Report."

Nothing came through as I had hoped, I closed my eyes knowing what might've happened.

"Agent down, we've got a perimeter breach," then the alarms start blaring alerting the other agents.

Phil looked over at me nodding to me giving me the notion to do what I have to do, I gave a nod as I was handed a gun from an agent. I even took a taser, just in case something goes wrong.

I walk out going down the stairs when I had bumped into somebody who was a lot heavier than I was, "oh sorry I—"

He looked at me in shock, "h-hi, I'm uh, Clint Barton."

"Miranda Anderson," I said shaking his hand.

"You here on a mission? Didn't think they would bring another agent to do the job," he said patching up his suit.

I scoffed lightly, "think I'm not up for the job?"

"What, a woman like you? Hell, even your humor and personality reminds me of someone," he says looking me over then continuing on to get ready.

"Would that be Natasha Romanoff?" I asked him.

He stared instantly, "how do you—"

"I worked with her while doing some intel work on Stark," I told him, "wasn't supposed to tell about that but figured since you and Nat are friends I thought, what the hell?"

He scoffed smiling, "you got some strong humor in you Miranda, for an agent it's good for you. But outside of that, you can beat somebody up with just one punch."

"Well, everything ain't all they seem," I said walking on by him.

"Miranda, I didn't mean it like that."

"No, I think you did, but that's okay," I said, "I'm just a woman with a pretty face aren't I? That's all the men see me as anyway."

I walk away and start heading on over around the fortress of where we are to find the intruder, I had seen a blonde man with short hair break through the protective barrier from the hallways we walk around.

It rains and my hair began to get wet, I got the courage to follow him, when I did I see him fight off the guards and the agents. I took out my taser, walking up slowly from behind him.