Chapter 20: Shut Up And Fight Me

Start from the beginning

I sent a wave of magic backwards, making Xizara let out a yelp as he flew off me. I heard him hit the wall of my base with a thud. Springing to my feet as fast as my exhausted, cut-up, bleeding body would allow me, I turned in time to throw up a shield, blocking the on-coming blast of black magic from Xizara. I pushed my shield forwards, knocking Z onto his back, before I grabbed rockets and launched into the sky. 

I made sure he was following me as I flew quickly to the Shopping District. If he stayed on my tail, he wouldn't go after someone else. 

Using the time to check the code, I saw he hadn't changed anything yet. Anything that I could see at least.

All I knew was permadeath was still off.

When we were over the Cowmercial District, Xizara somehow caught up, grabbing the wing of the elytra, pulling it towards him. I lurched backwards, crashing into my twin, and we fell towards the Barge. We wrestled with each other as we hurtled towards the ground. At the last second, I pulled my feet up, kicking him as hard as I could in the chest. He lost his grip on me as we were shoved apart. 

Xizara crashed through the glass roof on the Barge as I barely missed it, landing in the shallow water beside it. The breathe was knocked out of me as my back hit the pond's floor, hearing the crack of at least two ribs breaking. The water turned red as my blood seeped out of my open wounds. 

I floated on my back, baring my teeth at the pain from all my broken bones and cuts. Before my body pulled me into unconsciousness, I pulled my feet under me, standing up in the waist deep water. 

It hurt to breathe as I trudged out of the water, climbing onto dry land. My armor felt like it was a hundred pounds now that it was soaking wet.

Before I could do anything, I heard glass shatter, a wave of magic hitting me in the shoulder a second later. I flew sideways, landing on my mangled arm and let out a scream of pain. Turning my head, I saw Xizara standing in the upper floor of Grian's Barge behind a now broken window, an evil grin on his face. 

He stepped back to get a running start before crashing through the window, landing on the ground a few blocks away in a superhero landing that would make Deadpool proud.

Zara grunted as he stood up, his knees popping. 

I didn't have any more energy, as I was completely knackered, having little sleep for 3 days straight and now being broken, bruised, cut-up, and utterly drained. 

"Please...Xizara, I know this isn't you..."

"Oh shut up, will you? I don't want to hear that speech. It's overused in every single movie." He pulled out his sword as he stepped closer. My heart dropped as he shut his eyes for a moment, and I didn't even have to look to know permadeath was on when he opened them. 

Having no more fight left in me, I rolled onto my back, clutching my bleeding side. 

"Just...don't hurt the others..." I mumbled. 

Xizara rolled his eyes before raising his sword. 

"I love you, bud...Always and forever..." 

He hesitated, his eyes widening and filling with horror, fear, and pain but they were quickly drained of all emotions a second later, his hand tightening around the hilt of his bloody sword. 

I rolled onto my back, defeated. 

Xizara swung his sword down...

And I sent a blast of magic into his chest.

He flew backwards, crashing through the first story window in the Barge.

Sorry Grian...

Light purple Admin magic flashing with black magic swirled around my hands and out of my eyes as I stood slowly. I clutched my broken and bleeding torso as I limped towards the entrance of the Barge. 

Before I made it, I sent a message to the Hermits. 

{Xisumavoid} GET TO THE TOWN HALL NOW

Xizara walked out of the Barge a second later, and I stepped back a couple blocks, staring at him with calm eyes. He too had magic glowing around his hands and floating out of his eyes. 

We stood several blocks apart in the middle of the main road, facing each other. Neither of us had our swords now, and I knew this would be a messy, magical fight. 

And I knew he would win.

Come on Hermits...Hurry up...

"You don't have to do this, Xizara."

Zara gave me an innocent smile, tilting his head to the side. "I know."

"Just a couple hours ago, you were saying you were terrified of hurting someone again. Why are you doing this now?"

"Insanity has no logic."

"But you aren't insane."

Xizara held up his hands and looked around. "Not insane? What do you call this, then?"

"Being controlled."

 "W-wha-" His face filled with panic before he cleared his throat. "Who would control me?" he asked sarcastically.

"I don't know, but I'm going to find out. And when I do, I'm going to kill them."

Xizara tried and failed to hide his fear. "Just shut up and fight me."

"Fine." 

We jumped at each other, our magic hitting in the middle, shockwaves of black and purple flames flying between us.

 ~~

TwT MY BBY NOOOOOOO

I am not very good at writing fight scenes soooo... it's a little but awkward

Oh well xD

~Buh-Bye!! 💛💛