16| Triggered

Ateez' mama stage was so lit, omg 

Seonghwa ran a stressy hand through his hair and tore a little on the roots. He could go on until tufts of his hair were laying on the floor. He couldn't think clearly, as if everything had first dawned on him now. What had happened.

It had been fine the following day, Seonghwa had only felt a mild shock after the certain episode. He had been at work without any problems, perhaps he had been more absent than otherwise because the others had at least noticed something wasn't like normal. Seonghwa had just replied that he was fine, even though it was only in that second that it had dawned on him that there might be something wrong with him anyway.

Seonghwa stared into nothingness as he tried to continue his work. His hands overturned a glass, which shattered to the floor. He didn't react the slightest to that. More blood moved down the edge of the table and dripped against the floor.

"Hey Seonghwa, what's happening?"

He blinked in fright at the voice when he heard the voice and looked down at the mess he had made. Had he really just ruined one of the blood tests? His gaze wandered in horror towards Geonhak, who knelt to gather the shards of glass together and wipe the blood up with a cloth. But it had not been Geonhak's voice and his gaze fell on Eunha, who was looking at him in worry.

Seonghwa shook his head and stood up as he apologized and left the room.

What happened to him? He couldn't just let it all out on the others, could he? The young man had locked himself in on one of the toilets in the building. He looked at himself through the mirror, still unable to understand what had happened, happened, or would happen. His head spun around and he grabbed around it lightly. Seonghwa really did not have a surplus for a headache right now. He glanced up and made eye contact with his dark eyes in the mirror. He just had to get through it. It was the only thing that worked, the other thing couldn't help anything. Pathetic.

So he leaned away from the mirror again and found his cellphone instead, and took at the time. Not long yet.

_____

The black-haired man turned into the parking lot with a smooth motion with his hand over the steering wheel. The heat fans were running at high pressure in an attempt to keep the cold out of the car. His lungs felt breathless, and his heart was pounding loudly, even though he was sitting still. He could hear the pulse echoing in his ears. Nervously he fumbled a little with his hands on the steering wheel as he gazed across the asphalt in front of the large building. There she went, her wooly hat pulled down over her head as she held on to herself in an attempt to shield the worst wind that pulled on her clothes. Her face lit up when she caught sight of Seonghwa and she ran the last stretch to the parking lot. He exhaled, feeling more relieved than before, though his palpitations only increased further. The girl quickly tripped around the car and jumped into the passenger seat with a happy greeting.

"Hi Seonghwa!" she sang, closing the car door before leaning forward and kissing his cheek.

Seonghwa smiled and released the handbrake before putting the car in gear and continuing out of the parking lot and further out onto the roads.

"Had a nice day?"

She hummed with her gaze directed towards the road. Seonghwa took a quick side glance and found her still smiling. Emma still held on to her coat. Seonghwa thought it was cute. It panged directly into him. He felt pierced by a cartridge. A million images flew through his head and he slowly fell away from it all. Shortly the cardhouse lost its balance and burst against the tabletop. It couldn't be true.

"Seonghwa!" shouted Emma and the man startled his eyes back on the road as he quickly pulled the steering wheel at the last minute to prevent them from driving into other cars.

The girl's eyes were wide and fixed on Seonghwa in fright. Her right hand now squeezed hard around her raging heart.

"That- that was close," her words fell in a pile out of her mouth.

He stopped for red at a traffic light, confused by what had just happened. Too many thoughts seemed to be running around in his head for him to grasp a single one of them, and it caused him to swallow hassled before tightening the grasp around the material under his palms. A burning sensation sparked across his lips.

"Emma, ​​kiss me, please."

She frowned in disbelief at the attachment between what Seonghwa said and what she had read from his lips.

"Seonghwa, you're driving, I can't jus-" Emma stuttered, but was interrupted in the middle of her sentence by a pair of lips there molded into hers.

Although thoughts drifted around in the back of her head, she still closed her eyes and let herself melt into Seonghwa's figure. It felt so good and so warm and was just what he needed, but he felt so bad. As much as it was right, it also felt incredibly wrong and that was probably why he withdrew again. How could he do that? The stinging sensation of pain buzzed over his lips as he shyly looked in front of him again. He bit himself inside the cheek. How could he do that to Emma? Now she sat there more confused than ever, but with twinkling eyes directed wondering up at Seonghwa. Her gaze longed for an answer to her concern. He prayed harder. She deserved so much better than him. She did not deserve a cheater like Seonghwa. The worst thing about it all was that he could still feel his best friend's lips lingering on his own like a footprint in the sand waiting for a wave to wipe it away again.

He ran from his nightmare like never before. Seonghwa had never turned the keys around in his front door faster than he did there. It couldn't possibly go fast enough. While his head was lowered and he held a hand shielding his mouth, he plunged further over his trembling mind.

"Seonghwa! Seonghwa wait!" Emma shouted for him, who had confusedly got out of the car after her boyfriend, who had run away so abruptly.

However, he did not stop. Without looking up, his legs led him in the direction of the bathroom and his knees gave under shortly after, where he fell to the floor. The liquid came running from the bottom and up with all the bad feelings. Seonghwa clung convulsively to the toilet seat as he vomited. His whole body shook together in a fit and the tears soon came running down over the tip of his nose. It felt so disgusting to do but the feeling he was sitting within his heart was worse.

She had no idea what it was all about, and yet with her gentle hands, Emma helped him keep the most of his hair away from his face. Why should she always be so thoughtful? All her slightest touches sent the most wonderful calm to him. But all too quickly, the calmness broke out in a revolt against himself, and another wave of vomiting followed. He could not bear to be in himself right now. His heart squeezed hard about his soul and mind. His eyes burned with tears and he closed them tightly.

Emma gently kissed the side of his head and pulled him away from the toilet as he began to cry. His face was drawn in pain as his fingers drilled into his arms in a form of support. She wiped his mouth with a towel and tossed it away from her, pulling him all the way into her, his head placed on her chest. Tears ran down his face and buried themselves in her comfort. He sobbed harder and let go of control before allowing himself to sink into her care. Emma hushed him gently as she did everything to run her hands up and down his shaking body. Seonghwa had never cried in front of her before, so it made her slightly worried now to experience. Yet her act came so naturally. She held on to him, her cheek close to his. Emma knew he needed someone to back him up, no matter what was going through his mind right now.

Emma lifted Seonghwa's head into her hands and looked him into his dark tear-filled eyes. The man lay half above the floor and sat half up supported by Emma.

"I love you Park Seonghwa, remember that."

The boy's lips trembled and a tear slid down before he curled into her embrace again.