7| Cooking can be exhausting after all

Seriously, thank you so much for taking time reading this ><

Finally, Seonghwa managed to get out of the insane car queue that was in the middle of the city at the time when everyone was obviously off their job. Of course, that was the disadvantage of living in a capital; a route that would originally only take twenty minutes took either double or triple as long. Now he was just looking forward to coming home.

The black-haired young man parked his car at the parking place in front of his house and exhaled. He had really just been stuffed with so much information that day, his head couldn't handle anymore. Seonghwa was even so exhausted that it didn't even surprise him that the front door was unlocked and he automatically went straight in and threw off his coat and shoes to continue inside. It was only when he came to the kitchen, which was left cluttered after use, he realized someone was here.

A grinning smile slowly spread across his face, "Seriously .. I swear someday .."

Seonghwa continued in as he messed up his hair.

"Emma?" he called after the girl who, strangely enough, did not seem to be there anywhere.

Then he entered the dining room and his chest suddenly exploded over the sight he came to. His mouth was left agape and he looked around with big eyes. It was nicely set up to a dinner for two, and the food was already set in the middle of the table, along with romantic burning candles. She had ended up deciding to do something special for him anyway? A smile radiated from Seonghwa and he looked around with new energy for Emma.

"Em, where are you?" called Seonghwa once more, but unsuccessfully. Wasn't she here at all?

He walked back around the set table, and it was where his eyes caught sight of his bedroom door, which only was half-closed. He never used to have it open when he wasn't home.

Seonghwa walked towards the room and looked in with a thumping heart. There the girl lay in the middle of his bed, curled up and with her head buried in his pillow. That's what burst all his uwu's and he stared at her with loving eyes. A small grin left his mouth and Seonghwa shook his head lightly as he continued towards the bed, "This girl.."

Then the boy sat down on the edge of the bed and leaned over her to check if she was still asleep. His eyes wandered over her admiringly, but she was still asleep. With a slight sigh, he caressed her face and lay down on the side next to her, still wearing his nicely work clothes. Seonghwa put an arm over her and planted his head in the crook of her neck.

"You really fell asleep after cooking?" he asked in a half-whispering voice.

Emma opened one eye after another and beamed with a smile. He had noticed that she wasn't sleeping.

"Was it difficult, your new job?"

He moved even closer to her, "Mhm yeah, there's a billion new things I need to learn, but it's interesting enough."

He replied by missing to tell about his creepy new boss. Emma didn't need to know.

"But .. Emma, ​​what about you? A reason why you fell asleep here or was it just.."

The girl let out a whine, "No it was exhausting to cook, okay?"

Seonghwa chuckled, "Sure it was. You, who never cook anything."

Emma just nodded, too tired to start a discussion, although Seonghwa was in fact right about what he said.

"So .. Shall we just let the food get cold? Now you've spent so much effort on it," the black-haired boy asked a little teasingly.

Emma turned around and buried herself in the elder's embrace, "Mm just a little more cuddles, and then we eat."

Seonghwa smiled and kissed her forehead, "Okay."

The evening had gone smoothly and nicely until Emma of course brought up a topic about Hongjoong. It had brought a nervous expression across Seonghwa, and Emma had immediately realized that something was wrong.

"So you haven't talked to him for a week at all? You must contact him to make sure nothing has happened."

Seonghwa sighed and put his glass down on the table again, "I've tried that, but he keeps ignoring my messages," he looked down at his hands, doubting whether to tell the whole truth.

"He wasn't even home when I drove over to him the other day," he continued, rising from the table to clean up.

Emma followed, grabbing something to take with them to the kitchen, "But then you have to find out where he is? Besides, Hongjoong isn't usually like that at all? Isn't it a little weird?"

Seonghwa hummed, he didn't really want to bring the topic to words.

He turned around to the girl and smiled reassuringly, "Emma, you don't have to worry about it, I'm sure he's fine," he gathered her face in his hands, "It's Kim Hongjoong we're talking about. He has been operating on his own legs since he was sixteen, why would it suddenly go wrong now?"

The girl breathed out, trying to remove the buildup of stress, "You're right, why let it bother me so much."

A grin fell from her mouth and he released her again and smiled. Then Seonghwa turned toward the dishes in front of him and gave a side-glance to the girl, whose grin had now turned into a slightly more nervous one.

"Could you make a bigger mess than this?"

Emma looked down a little with an embarrassed smile, but immediately straightened up to him again, "Oppa you love me after all~"

He rolled his eyes from her cheesiness, "Yeah yeah, whatever you say. Now help me with cleaning up the mess you've made."