1| Eyes drilling deep

—Seonghwa could feel the eyes drilling deep into his back from behind him as the gaze sent a chill down his spine. Uncomfortably, he shifted a little where he sat on the couch, the more he could feel the gaze slipping further into him, just as ghostly blood-drops would roll stickily down the boy's back. Seonghwa wasn't sure if his best friend was aware that he knew he was staring at him or if his friend just didn't consider it at all, but it wasn't something Seonghwa spoke out loud about. It wasn't the first time he had noticed it and Seonghwa just couldn't help but feel unpleasant. It was uncomfortable the way his best friend suddenly would look at him once he turned his back on him. Almost as if the sensation of might and callousness just surrounded him like a cloud of cascades of water, and rays of it were sent towards Seonghwa like sharp needles. It made Seonghwa nervous, not afraid, he was his best friend after all, but the fact that he was so nervous in his presence was worrying him.

The black-haired boy took a deep breath as he found his phone as a distraction to the digging eyes. He sank the ink-like lump that had formed in his throat and he noticed how his whole body was stoning in the unconscious attempt he made to sense what was happening behind him. Seonghwa didn't realize it, and suddenly he found himself with a blurry stare toward the floor. He held his breath and pointed his ears. But not a single sound could he hear.

He took the chance and turned around. Eyes wide as teacups and probing like a tracking dog, they leaped over the surroundings behind him. But his best friend was nowhere to be seen. Seonghwa raised an eyebrow in confusion as he had been quite sure he had been standing there. Did his brain just play tricks on him? The boy decided to get up to find his best friend since he had been away for a while now.

The door was still closed to the bathroom and Seonghwa knocked softly on it, "Hongjoong, are you okay in there?"

The boy heard something move in there, and a faint 'Yeah' was send in response to the question. It didn't sound convincing enough and Seonghwa frowned as his gaze moved toward the dishes that were still standing in the kitchen. Hongjoong had barely touched his food.

"You're not sick or anything? I can drive you home if it is," but Seonghwa's sentence was abruptly interrupted by the other.

"Hyung I'm fine, you don't have to worry."

Seonghwa nodded quietly to himself, still not quite happy with the other's words, but if that was what he said, he couldn't do anything about it.

The door was unlocked, opened and the smaller blonde boy stepped out. Roots were showing from his blonde dyed hair, looking like a sunflower from the top angle. He smiled soothingly up at Seonghwa, pointed down on himself.

"Look, I'm completely fine."

His ear smile made Seonghwa smile even more relieved and he pushed teasingly to his best friend.

The black-haired laughed, "I'll drive you home anyway, what do you say? A good deal?"

"Better than walking," shrugged Hongjoong and giggled.

Then they both went out for all their outerwear clothes, Seonghwa was the fastest to jump in his shoes and swing his coat over.

"And you're sure you're not hungry anymore? You didn't eat anything at all."

Hongjoong got up quickly after tying his laces, "Hwa I'm old enough to take care of myself! Don't be so nervous for me, I'm just not that hungry today."

Seonghwa snorted at the younger man with a teasing smile, "Okay okay, just don't be on some crazy diet where you can't eat anything for days."

Hongjoong scoffed and stretched his legs in front of the older's, who faintly stumbled and sent a scowl toward Hongjoong, who just smiled innocently back at him. Seonghwa rolled his eyes at him.

"Come on, or I'll change my mind!"

Hongjoong lived no further than a 10-minute drive by car in the city Seoul. It was an apartment he had rented out when he was still saving up for moving, so this was the most practical alternative. Hongjoong was a music producer and, with pride, recently joined a larger company that had previously been seen as a dream that had now come true. It was also well deserved and Seonghwa was happy on his ways. Hongjoong and Seonghwa had known each other for 12 years, and there was not a single thing that they didn't know about each other and during all that time Hongjoong had always been engrossed in making music. Often it would have been as, if they were together, they too would have sat and messed with creating new rhythms and melodies. Still, there were times when Hongjoong asked Seonghwa if he would sing a little. However, the elder had never been completely confident in his singing voice, but Hongjoong's praising words had persuaded him to do it anyway. Even though Seonghwa thought it was fun to make music, it wasn't enough for the passion to keep on burning. Hongjoong, on the other hand, had the fiery passion to make it. Music was his priority above all.

With a smooth turn, Seonghwa steered his car to the side and applied the handbrake.

"Here you go, your private transport has landed at the terminus," Seonghwa said, cracking a grin at the younger one.

Hongjoong snatched his seatbelt and leaned forward against Seonghwa to put his arms around him. A nerve shock passed through the black haired's body as he felt the other sniff the air so close to his neck.

"Thank you Hwa", Hongjoong pulled away again, "See you next Sunday, same time?"

Seonghwa shook off the uncomfortable feeling and gave the younger one a smile and a nod, "Yup, maybe I'll come by during the week if I got time."

With one last hint, Hongjoong closed the car door and Seonghwa was otherwise just moving on with a single message tapping into his mobile.