18| Surprises

I changed the cover for the book! Just so you don't get confused ;)

Seonghwa's heartbeat thumped knots and he turned around startled. Immediately he caught sight of the intimidating eyes that stared directly at him. The shock set off a movement, but when Seonghwa took a step back, the stranger's hand tightened its grip around his shoulder. Speechless he stared up at the stranger, who disappointed shook his head.

"No, no, no, that's not how we negotiate here."

Words swelled up in his mouth and gathered in long strings, but Seonghwa never let them out. The stranger in front of him did not look older than himself, but his dark, almost black-colored eyes carried a wisdom Seonghwa had never seen before. The stranger's eyes were a contrast to his youthful features, and which resembled something that had experienced more than it should. The stranger smiled crookedly up at Seonghwa, his coal-black hair could not possibly absorb more of the black color.

"Feeling attracted, honey?" said the stranger as he stepped closer to Seonghwa.

His heart rate rose, he had never been exposed to a similar situation before. It stung under his skin as the stranger's smirk spread all over his face and made his lips part and his marked canines peek out. Seonghwa's heart stopped abruptly and all the adrenaline washed down over his body.

A hand crawled up from behind and held around his neck in a firm but horribly light grip.

"You work at the research center, don't you?"

The voice was new, it belonged to someone other than the dark clothed figure in front of him. It was way too nauseatingly sweet. Seonghwa could not say a single word, not that he had intended to answer the now two strangers anyway. Cold air suddenly spread across his throat, sending a shiver down his body. The situation left him physically trapped between the two strangers, though his thoughts wandered far beyond unknown land until they fell into the abyss.

"Don't you?" the sweet voice whispered repeatedly in his ear as Seonghwa still didn't answer their question.

The black-haired man swallowed in an attempt to reduce the urge to fight the strangers' grip on him. It spun for his sight the more the stranger tightened his grasp for every passing second that passed and Seonghwa didn't respond. In a hopeless trial to focus on anything in front of him, Seonghwa turned his eyes to the intimidating man in front of him. Then all his missing heartbeats hit him in the chest when his dizzy gaze made him see red eyes haunted by an angry hiss. And he saw someone he should not have seen when his teeth appeared again.

Seonghwa choked out a "Yes", waiting for an eerie outburst. He could not close his eyes and pretend that none of this happened, even though he wanted to, so he kept them bravely open. But the outburst never came, and it made him uneasy and he took a step back. When a set of teeth hit Seonghwa's delicate skin, he instinctively pushed himself away from the pressure with a gasp, eyes stinging with horror.

"What do you want from me?"

A howl of a maniac hyena laugh broke out, and Seonghwa clenched his teeth tightly. The man, still holding his firm grip around his shoulder, stepped closer again, his fangs bared in a smirk.

"Not so loud, Woo," he said as he looked directly at Seonghwa, "We just want to make a little deal with you."

The stranger's voice carried a discomfort within it, and Seonghwa hesitated with his choice of answer.

"And what do I get out of that deal?" he replied finally, and bravely kept eye contact with the stranger.

The man in front of him chuckled and looked down a little with his sinister smile. Then he turned his head towards his attendant and seemed to give signs to each other.

Then the red eyes turned to Seonghwa again, and the stranger approached dangerously close,

"You get to keep your life intact."

The researcher opened his eyes wide as the words hit his understanding. The panic tore him away again, but the strangers just followed. He felt uncomfortably much like their experiment now.

"W-who are you-!" a hand interrupted Seonghwa's words from being said and the stranger now bent over him, to a point where he fell backward and hung upright in the strong grip they had on him.

"If you are a good little boy and do as we say, we will not hurt you," said the stranger in a lowered voice.

Seonghwa's startling outburst was muffled into the hand over his mouth as he felt a cold sharp surface hit his throat. The knife was simply kept still in place, but Seonghwa knew that with one wrong move, it would slide through the surface. He looked up at the dark sky and wished the strangers would just step back and let him go. But luck wasn't with him.

"Listen here, it's all about bringing us blood from the laboratory. Easy, right? "

He gave Seonghwa an exaggerated smile and pulled the knife away again as he seemed to listen. Then they both completely let go of Seonghwa and let him fall to the ground with a sudden jerk.

One of them squatted down next to the frightened man, "Meet us behind the parking lot, the same time in 2 days. "

He ruffled a hand through Seonghwa's hair and then they disappeared into the darkness again. The man stared at them in astonishment and let all the information sink in. This was not good, not at all. He ran a hand through his hair and swallowed down a shaking inhaling. What was he going to do with all this?