27| Nightmare

4,5 hours of my school today got canceled, so happily, I wrote this chapter xD

The following night had Seonghwa nightmare. It wasn't like the ones he often had, but a new one. He was walking down the street in daylight. Everything was bright with life; bees were buzzing around the smells from the blossoming flowers in long rows aside from where he went. His unfolded hand lay good and safely in someone else's and he couldn't possibly feel more comfortable than right now. It was calming, everything was at peace, and Seonghwa felt the slightest brush of happiness before everything suddenly felt wrong, out of place. His heart started racing around in his chest before his mind had the chance to catch up. He turned around to face the soft lips someone had placed on his cheek. He tasted the iron from his lips there dripped with blood.

"You killed me."

The smile from the boy's lips seemed so taunting that Seonghwa felt his insides twist around in the odd feeling of guilt. Hongjoong's smooth lips there seeped with the filthy taste of sin. Seonghwa widened his eyes in fear but tripped over his feet when he attempted to step back from the red that painted the sky. Cold hands caught him and red dripped down the corner of Hongjoong's mouth. There was no way Seonghwa would escape the sharp fangs peeking in the smile shown on the other's face.

He let Hongjoong seal their lips, tingles setting across the soft touch and further down in his body. He kissed him with an unbelievable softness, pushing them down to the ground and crawling up over his lap. Embraced in the unfamiliar situation, Seonghwa never noticed his own hand reaching for Hongjoong's head and pulling him closer, losing himself in the dangerous waters of the bloodthirsty creature. People were dying in the flames licking up the world. The young man built up the courage and when he finally was kissing back, his mind went black. Like a loss of balance, Seonghwa grasped for the other male, trying to tie himself, before sent flying back. Digits tapping his skin in waves, working on him with precision. Hongjoong was kissing him so gently it made him go crazy beneath his hide, as mind and action didn't match. Blood was running across Seonghwa's chin when Hongjoong started nudging at his bottom lip with his tongue. His own breath hitched, sight turning red and he wanted to taste more.

So, he tore himself away from the other, pushing Hongjoong away before attacking him with blood in his eyes.

"Seonghwa!!"

His glowing eyes roared to life, blood tainting his face into a colored mess as he ran down the streets, killing people nonstop. Nostrils dilated and smelling the blood beating around in the shrieking masses of fleeing people.

"Stop! Seonghwa-"

He woke up to the sound of a glass clattering against the floor. Startled, Seonghwa shot up from his bed and stared around in the room. The headache felt like a heavy buzzing sound, but the weight of the stolen kiss felt even heavier. His fingers searched for the lingering feeling on his lips, before the thought fell upon him, that it all had just been a dream. Seonghwa's breathing was staggering, he felt like he couldn't catch it again, and when he left his bed, he didn't think the slightest about cleaning the mess on the floor.

His mind was still a step away from reality when he rushed to check the time on his cellphone. He wouldn't go to work today even if his boss would fire him if not, he simply just couldn't. Seonghwa jogged to his wardrobe finding a pair of black pants and a black hoodie, before getting into it. He grabbed a pair of socks and pulled them on and went for the front door. His bed hair was an absolute mess, but with a few strokes through it, he couldn't care less at the moment. The moment he turned around from locking the door, he felt like he couldn't breathe. The sun was spreading its sun rays across the sky, sending cascades of red through the city. Why did everything suddenly remind him so much of Hongjoong?!

He bit his lip and ran for his car in seconds where his heartbeat drummed in his ears.

_____

The place had not changed one bit. No people were around, and when Seonghwa went for ringing Hongjoong's door in the stairwell, there was to his very little surprise, no one answering. What he had seen last time he was here, should have cleared even more for him, if he had had the same knowledge as he had now. There was no possibility in the world for him to be wrong. He entered the code and let himself in, Seonghwa hurried up the stairs to the second ground.

"Please, please, please.." he mumbled to himself, as he unlocked the door and pushed it open with an aggressive shoulder.

He met darkness.

As his breath got stuck in his throat, he wanted to cry. The urge to see his best friend had got him to dream about kissing him, what else should he do than fall to the ground in a complete sobbing mess? A hand grasped at his black hair, wanting to tear all the emotions away before his eyes would start swoll in a red irritated color. But Hongjoong had been missing in weeks, months now, and no one knew why. The thought made him land on alternatives which Seonghwa probably hadn't thought of doing yet. The conflict between doing as the last words Hongjoong had told him to do, and the most logical thought ever was building in his chest, and Seonghwa let his head fall back until it hit the wall. Should he report Hongjoong as missing instead of dancing around in his own feelings? Any other human being would have done so a thousand hours ago, and yet Seonghwa hadn't even tried. But on the other hand, Seonghwa knew this case was just so much more different, and that was maybe why he hadn't tried to report him as missing. Because, deep inside, he knew Hongjoong simply wasn't missing.

Seonghwa got up from the floor again, not minding dusting his clothes off. He felt both vulnerable and ridiculous, confused and what annoying feelings there could be described. Slowly he trailed around the table, where Hongjoong's laptop still was situated, a thin layer of dust covering the surface. Why, just why. Seonghwa should never have left the apartment the last time he was here, even if some stranger told him so. He was the one supposed to help his best friend, and not fleet when he was told to.

Seonghwa wanted to do more, he really did, but even if he visited Hongjoong's workplace, he just knew they hadn't seen him as well. He could tell by the abandoned laptop on the table.

He decided to write a note on the paper block he found laying on the chair, and placed it at the table, words full-on display.

Being bloodthirsty doesn't change anything between us.