6| The source of life

When Geonhak clicked the heavy metal door open with his ID card, Seonghwa hadn't quite figured out what to see on the other side of the door. Long rows of closed test tubes with red-tinted liquids were what filled the cool laboratory. Attached was a sticker showing a name and some numbers put on all of them. Seonghwa frowned lightly at the sight.

"This is our most important source in the entire section Z. We tend to call it the 'source of life' because you probably know how blood is one of the reasons for life." said Geonhak, stepping down through the rows of tapped blood. Seonghwa followed without saying anything.

"Only our section is doing blood research, and it's not been long since we started, so you can say you're pretty lucky, in a way .."

Seonghwa hummed quietly, letting his eyes drop over the many blood tests, "So what are you looking for when you do the blood tests?"

That black-haired's question didn't seem to surprise Geonhak to the slightest, and he replied casually, "Hmm I said exactly the same thing when I was told what our new research project was about blood because I must admit I was probably not very convinced that there was very much new we could pull out of this project, but well, I couldn't really decide which section I came up with."

"But have you then found anything new?" Seonghwa asked almost as a reflex, the topic of 'research' made it so much easier for him to talk.

"Hm, I would like to point out that the one closest to cracking some codes is Jongho. Although he's being a brat sometimes, he's also very good at his job. And for some reason he goes wild in it too, keeps talking about the fact that there must be something extra special in the blood, which is why all living beings have it as a component of being alive."

Jongho, who was most immersed in the subject? It had to be a joke because from what Seonghwa had seen of the boy, he certainly didn't seem like a scientist who liked doing his job. But sometimes the truth also surprises you.

Geonhak led Seonghwa back towards the door and gave the last information, "All the rows are divided into blood types, and after examining the samples, you place them in the empty spaces on the right side, still divided into blood types, so that the system will still be in order. . "

"Okay, I got it," Seonghwa replied slightly jokingly, which caused a small smile to appear on Geonhak's face.

Later in the day, Seonghwa sat at his newly assigned workplace and studied closely a blood type O positive blood sample. He had the very back table to sit at and he could look directly out the window and down the street. Seonghwa had never really gone into the depths of studying blood, so he had chosen to borrow a laptop (and remember to bring his own tomorrow) and search the web for everything he could find about the blood. At the same time, he also sat with a microscope, looking at blood type O positive. It was actually less complicated than he had expected, but then of course there was just the same part about seeing it in the microscope. It was immediately worse and it also turned out that some substances had to be added in order for the different parts to separate.

It was so incredibly nice that the workplace was so quiet, but also a little strange in a way. Seonghwa was not used to so much silence and it somehow impressed him that 4 people could actually pretend to be as quiet as they were. The clock that had suddenly run away from him was the worst thing in the whole situation, though there was not much to do to take that position. A whole working day had surprisingly already passed and they all started packing their things together. With very observant eyes, Seonghwa watched what the others did and little by little did exactly the same with the things he had used. The result was that he first finished a little later after them, and they all bid him goodbye and then left him in the room.

Seonghwa sighed deeply and cluttered his jacket pocket for his cellphone, but a hand grabbed his wrist before he could pull up the device. A cold hand. The black-haired man turned around frightened to see the Petite smaller woman, who was smirking at his frightened little jump.

Seonghwa eased to his heart.

"Did I scare you?" Lara asked giggling, rolling her sucker around her tongue. A new lollipop? She had to be addicted to sugar.

She took a light hold of his arm, "How was your day? Was it okay?"

He blinked a little as the question was sent off, and felt himself squeeze a little under her hand on him. "Y-yes my day was fine."

She smiled a little smile and then tilted her head slightly with her eyes closed. The next sentence took the breath away from the boy.

"Tell me Seonghwa, do you have a girlfriend?"

The words formed in his throat but the more he looked her in the eyes, the less a sound could come out. Lara took a step closer, but Seonghwa instead stepped back until his feet bumped into the glass wall behind him. She leaned over him and placed her before free hand on his chest. She had caught Seonghwa under her now and he stared fearfully into her dark eyes. Like a predator, she climbed up of him until her eyes were level with him. All you could hear was the sound of the sucker being pushed around in Lara's mouth and bumping against her teeth. Seonghwa wanted to push her off of him, but he didn't have the strength to do so. She had him nailed up agains the wall like a nail against wood.

"What, Seonghwa?" she asked seductively again, slowly running one of her hands down his chest and abdomen. Further and further down.

He took an unsteady breath, "Let go."

A smirk rose to her face and at that moment he no longer trusted her. Accidentally, her hand brushed the fabric over his crotch and his entire body stood alert now. Her nose was so close to his neck that he could feel it touch of his skin, which only felt like freezing ice in a demonstration. A shiver went down his spine. Seonghwa would scream for help, but he knew it would be of no use.

He gathered himself and swallowed hassled, "Lara let go of me. Yes I have a girlfriend."

Her gaze fell right away and it looked like a thought hit her and she removed herself away from him with a scoff. Her expression was irritable and she clicked her tongue.

"Krr cool enough hot stuff," she said, leaving the room.

His whole body quivered in pure relief and Seonghwa tried to knock all the thoughts out of his head with what there could have happened. Wow, his boss was a horny bastard.

To push himself further into the text, he quickly grabbed his jacket and rushed out of the building while hastily finding his mobile.