34| Still here

This is the second last chapter ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

I want to say enjoy, but this is so sad

What he sensed when he entered the dark room lighted in hundreds of candles, wasn't really something he could explain. His nerves were a shaking bundle of electricity there did everything to keep his hands fastened around the flowers they were holding so dearly on to. Soft cries echoed strangely from people who shouldn't be crying about this yet. The whole situation occurred so wrong for the man, that he almost thought this was just an illusion. He wished it was. Someone asked him if he wanted to see her for the last time, he didn't quite notice who was talking to him. The voice was just as unfamiliar as the circumstances, blending in with the surroundings. Seonghwa's lips were sealed in silence, he didn't know what to do with himself. Inside the coffin laid the girl, still as beautiful as she always had been, but lacking the string of life that always had surrounded her. He wanted to caress her cheek for the last time again, but his trembling hands wouldn't let go of the white flowers.

He swallowed his non-existing breath and slowly pushed his limits down when he lowered the innocent flowers to her chest enveloped in white. Gentle placing them and gracing cold skin with his fingertips. Her white dress proved the soul of an angel. Tears dripped from his glistening eyes when he bent his head further and took a step back. At that moment, everything hit him. The world was crashing against him, and Seonghwa felt the pain when his knees succumbed to the power and landed on the floor. The rest of his body came following and he was left in a bow of respect to the girl. She deserved more than this, he knew that. He cried in silence, as he was settled across the floor, only hoping for someone would pull him with them and tell him that everything would be okay. Because right now, every cell in his body was screaming at him that nothing would ever be okay again. Seonghwa wasn't aware of how long he stayed there, seconds, minutes, perhaps hours. He felt the hands of others try to move him away, but he ignored everything as he only fell deeper and deeper into the infinite hole of sorrow. Until someone finally was able to pull at him, taking his hand in theirs and leading him out of the room.

The cold wind hit his tear-stained face and a small hand wiped his face. He was keeping his eyes closed, and let the smaller male guide him from here.

"Come on Seonghwa, let's go home."

But the black-haired man shook his head stubborn, and determined on running one last event before-

letting go.

_____

The house was dark, telling no one was home. Emma's parents had told him he was allowed to come there whenever he wanted, but Seonghwa knew this would be the last time he would come by. When he stepped inside the silence, Hongjoong followed behind him, making sure only to behave like the shadow of the older male. The was too known for him, and he didn't bother turning on the light before slipping into her room. Desolated, left with the lingering of past memories. His tears were long ago run out, only the look in his eyes was showing a part of his miserable state. His sight fell over all the furnitures in the room, that for sure hadn't been touched ever since she had been here for the last time. The bed was still messy, papers and books were thrown all over the desk. On top of her pillow laid her drawing pad, opened like she was still working on it. Seonghwa went to the side of the bed and slowly reached for the block of paper.

Emma's drawing skills had never been a joke to tell, but what he saw made his body stop moving. Because what the illustration's gathering of pencil strokes imagined was something he had seen himself. Seonghwa's brow bent a bit when he moved the drawing closer to his face and glanced at the scattered letter left by the right side of the paper.

I dreamed about my own death. It was horrifying and awful- almost as I felt the pain through the dream. As I was blinded by my own fear, I remember the way I looked up and saw the sky was painted red. Seonghwa was there too; he killed me.

Suddenly red colors blended into them before black and white drawing, making the dream come to life. His lip was trembling while the blood continued dripping down at the paper. For how long has this been in her mind? Was that why- why she had been so downhearted even before himself?

Seonghwa had to maintain himself from taking the drawing pad with him when he laid down the block on the pillow again. He closed his eyes, and let the information sink in slowly.

"Hongjoong.."

"Yeah?"

"She knew I would kill her."

The drawing there included the frame of himself with the prominent fangs and the sticky liquid running from his mouth could be nothing else, but a sight from the future. How was this even reality?

The smaller male widened his eyes and grabbed the drawing that Seonghwa was staring down at. He was speechless, and in a motion slowly turned around to face Seonghwa, not even knowing what he wanted to say.

"I think we will have to take this with us."

Seonghwa gulped, nodding a little to the suggestion. Hongjoong was right.

He guided his hand into the older's and squeezed it lightly in a manner of comfort. Hongjoong pulled Seonghwa into his arms for a hug. Seonghwa's head fell onto his shoulder, and Hongjoong hesitant raised a hand to run in circles on the older's back while he was fighting against the strong scent with all his willpower.