24| Taking chances

Finally, he took the chance and went for the source of life. His hands were nervously grasping around his shoulder bag, while he neared the room. Thoughts were running around in his head, but he couldn't just stop the act now. He had to fulfill it.

With shaking hands, Seonghwa reached for his ID and firmly scanned it over the device. Even though he had hoped his ID suddenly wouldn't work, much to his displeasure, the door went open immediately, and the cool room was now enterable. He took a deep breath before going in and made sure the door closed after him. No one was in here, not that it was a surprise for him after all, the time had already passed their work-hours, and everyone else had headed out of the building. Today, Seonghwa was a little slower than normal, in order to do the little job as a dealer... Now that his life was screwed anyway, it wouldn't matter anything, if he screwed it a little more by going behind his boss' back.

Seonghwa opened his bag and quickly made his way down the many blood samples while he violently bit his lip. They wouldn't really be very kissable after this much stress-biting. He stopped by the end and glanced doubtfully back and forth between the blood and his bag, He wondered for a short moment what would happen if someone really caught him doing this. Would he lose his job, or could he get away if he told them a little lie? Then his memories fell on his crazy boss, and it made him gulp in dispair. She would definitely never forgive him if she knew about this. Seonghwa could already imagine how she would tear his head apart before kicking him out of the building and yelling at him to never come back again.

He really risked all this.

Either that or having two blood-sucking monstrous strangers coming after you, and probably do something even worse to you. What else did the two strangers want with all that blood then suck it all up just like on that one video? He gagged a little and proceeded with filling his shoulder bag with the liquid. Disgusting.

He didn't know how many he should take, but when he felt like he got enough, he quickly left the cool room. Swiftly he checked his wristwatch, and not that surprised, he was already late on time. He swore under his breath but stopped in his tracks when sounds echoed between the walls. Someone was here and Seonghwa was not at all ready for that.

As he listened to the voices that only grew louder and louder. The clacking heels were nothing to be mistaken of. But did he try to make a complete fool out of himself? All the walls here were made out of glass, and he could see right through some of them.

"I swear, you always forget something..." his colleague spoke, with a sigh not very mistakenly found at the end of the sentence.

The woman rolled her eyes and twisted the candy-stick in her mouth, "No I don't, you idiot. This is like the first time in a half year or something, so you don't have the right to accuse me like that."

At the moment Seonghwa actually had thought they wouldn't notice him, the couple stopped in front of the office door and Jongho began examining the surroundings with a deeply serious face.

"Wait, I smell someone," he said while Seonghwa prayed to the higher up's that they wouldn't find out.

Lara ignored the other's seriousness in his words as she continued unlocking the door.

"Don't you think it's just the scent lingering in the building? Who would stay here later than work-hours."

"No, I mean it, I can smell someone," Jongho stubbornly pursued as he let his eyes wander around a place too close to where Seonghwa was standing.

The black-haired man swallowed harshly as he felt his heartbeat sting in his chest.

Lara turned her head at Jongho, "Maybe it's the cleaner? Come on honey, don't be that scared of someone seeing us together. It's not like something bad will happen if someone happens to get a glimpse of us."

Jongho pursed his lips and sent a glare towards the woman, "I'm not scared."

She just laughed at his stubborn behavior, and sent him a smirk in return, "Prove it then."

Seonghwa stared in shock when he suddenly saw how Jongho let out a deep growl before lunging forward into his boss and pushing them both into the office, smacking the door shut behind them.

What just happened. For a moment he stayed still and waited for them to return, but when that didn't happen, he paced out of the building before they eventually would come back. It seemed like everyone had their own secrets.

Cold wind and dusty rain bid him welcome as soon he left the building, and Seonghwa held a hand protectively around his shoulder bag, determined on keeping the water away from the items inside. As his feet moved by themselves across the pavement, he tried to cut away all of his thoughts and only focus on the single task of finding the two strangers before someone would find him with all the blood samples he, yes, had stolen.

Even though Seonghwa had tried to keep himself from his thoughts, he had done nothing else than fall into his own trap and his thoughts. He didn't realize they already had found him before a cold hand lightly graced his own and he startled turned around to face the two strangers. His eyes immediately meet with a sinister smile and Seonghwa gulped nervously.

"Greetings, Seonghwa," one of them whispered in his ear, as he slowly let his hand wander over the man's neck.

Seonghwa shivered at the mention of his own name but didn't dare question how they knew about it one bit.

"Did you get what we asked for?" the other creature said while looking up at him with dark eyes.

Solely, Seonghwa nodded, feeling raindrops start rolling down his face. He made a move to take his shoulder bag down, but suddenly someone pulled him into the darkness where he wasn't able to see anything. A low chuckle could be heard from one of the mad-men and Seonghwa knew this signed badly.

"Don't you want something in return, hm?"

He could feel cold breaths crawl all over his uncovered skin as they circled him, but the darkness left him with no witness. All of Seonghwa's senses were on high alert, making him bend in his knees every time a hand brushed over his body.

A whisper lingered in the air, and Seonghwa swore in silence over how he felt on the edge of letting tears slip from the corners of his eyes, "San-ah, just a little bite, please."

The man's breath got stuck in his throat, when lips started lightly kissing down his neck, almost not touching his skin at all. The motion made Seonghwa reach his free hand up to push in the direction, just to get caught in his own action by a steel-strong hand. He could feel the stranger smirk, even though he couldn't see anything.

"I know you want it... I can feel your excitement," the voice purred into his ear.

They were too close to him. Their hands started touching him, now that he had no chance at all to push them off him. Firstly, fingers mildly trailed his jaw, moving further down over his exposed skin. Then another hand started pulling his coat down over his shoulder and gently, too gently, the hand dug under his shirt, tearing up a few of the buttons until the coolness collided with his warm skin underneath. Tears came as a reaction and he drew in a tight breath before daring to say a stop.

"Stop!"

Then a candle got lit and Seonghwa found the hungry eyes staring at him through his own glassy ones. Their hands didn't move, but they didn't leave his body either. He knew they were able to kill him right now and then, and still, he opposed.

"Just take the blood samples and leave me. I don't want to get involved in anything more."

Seonghwa didn't know what he had expected, but as soon as he had said that, the strangers stepped away from him and let him take up what he had stolen from the laboratory. He placed it on the ground, almost tossing it down, and as soon he was done he stumbled backward away from it all, pulling his coat up around his shoulders again and hiding his revealed skin. He felt utter disgust.

But their deal was not completed yet. Before Seonghwa had left, the sinister whispering was back and the words stood clear for his hearing.

"Be back in a week."

They were playing around with him, and Seonghwa was now their new favorite toy.