3| Bloody patterns

The apartment was looking completely dark when Seonghwa turned into the large communal parking lot. Maybe Hongjoong wasn't home anyway? However, the opportunity did not stop the young man from getting out of the car and moving toward the entrance. Although Hongjoong lived in an apartment in the middle of Seoul, he was still lucky that he didn't have many neighbors. At least not this year.

When Seonghwa rang the bell to Hongjoong's apartment down in front of the ascent, no one answered him. Maybe he was just deeply buried in some music? But Hongjoong was always good at answering the door if anyone came and wanted to visit him, so with a swift decision, he pushed the code himself and continued into the ascent to the younger's apartment. Two floors up, he once again stood ringing on the door to the apartment. No answers. Maybe Hongjoong was actually not here.

He unlocked the door anyway and entered the almost predicted dark room. There was no one here, and his friend's shoes and jacket didn't hang there either, not that he had like fifteen of each.. Where could he be so late at night? It was not something that directly concerned Seonghwa, because Hongjoong was an adult, after all, he just thought it was a bit strange and abnormal since Hongjoong was definitely not the type to go out in the evening. He was more of a home person who stayed inside his cave and composed brilliant music.

Seonghwa sat down on one of the kitchen chairs, deeply buried in his mind. There was something in the apartment that didn't seem quite normal, as if foreign energy had crept in here. Something that reminded him of what he had felt yesterday around Hongjoong. Something strange which didn't belong here was now in the apartment, and Seonghwa simply couldn't tell what it was. A quiet buzz in the air was the only thing that kept the silence together until a low-pitched swearing could be heard on the other side of the door.

Seonghwa wrinkled his eyebrows and got up from the kitchen chair again, to walk toward the door in sheer confusion. Some keys clanked shortly before the door swung open and a tall dark-haired man stepped in, dragging on a smaller blonde man. Hongjoong!?

The tallest man's eyes immediately fell on Seonghwa and he widened his eyes in pure surprise. Seonghwa didn't have the time to take a look at the tall man before flying towards Hongjoong in an attempt to help the obviously knocked out boy.

A hand stopped him before he got too close, "Stay away from him and leave his apartment right now!"

Suddenly, all of Seonghwa's words got strangled in his throat and he couldn't make a single sound. The unfamiliar dark-haired man harshly pushed him out of the apartment when Seonghwa didn't move and the door slammed behind him. What happened? The boy could feel his heart racing in his chest and the adrenaline mixing with his blood. He suddenly felt a whiff of nervousness suck up every inch of his body and suddenly he found himself rushing out of the ascent. Seonghwa felt nausea sneak up around him and he exhaled hassled as he got into his car. Without looking a single time back, he drove away from the apartment, his brain swollen with an adrenaline rush.

With the phone lying on the table in front of him, time ticked away. It was past midnight and Seonghwa was still staring at his phone, the doubt about whether he should send the message struck like wild beasts inside him. It was not to say what had happened other than Hongjoong had looked totally wasted. And that a bloodstain had appeared on Seonghwa's coat. The young man had freaked out when he discovered the stain on his shoulder, which he could only think of came from the foreign tall man's push. Was Hongjoong in danger? Was he about to be killed?
Seonghwa felt himself starting to panic as his fingers itched in the raging thoughts of what might have happened. But then again, Hongjoong had looked just like someone who had been drinking himself in the fence, at least it looked like that in the light that had been there in the apartment when they entered.

It still didn't make sense, Seonghwa knew how Hongjoong was with alcohol and he was far from a leisure drinker, whatever happened was not a normal thing at least. Maybe he should just send the damn message and hope he was lucky to get an explanation for it all.

So the black-haired man leaned forward to take his phone and immediately pressed in on him and his best friend's conversation. The sent message was still flashing like a prayer to be sent. He held his breath and bit his lip, looked away, and then his thumb slid across the 'send' icon. Actually, there was nothing special about having to send that message, but Seonghwa just felt that the subject would end up in a rather sensitive one he would never get an answer to, and he didn't want that happening.

He glanced at the screen and a small 'sent' was underneath the message. There was no way back now, and he pulled the phone away in a swift motion as if to throw off the feeling far away, and he quickly toppled into his bed and exhaled deeply. So much stress over so little. But still, the lingering worry was still there, he wanted to drive straight back to Hongjoong's apartment, but the stranger's words still echoed in his head. Stay away from him.