Fεεl αlivε [Assassin's Creed] : [02]

Genesis glared around her, sleepily, her jacket slipping down her arm and exposing her shoulder to the intense sun shining high in the sky. She blinked, not sure what to do at the moment. She was still exhausted and wanted to lay back down on the dusty ground and sleep. But as she looked down the alleyway she spotted many people, all tanned and dressed in olden clothes that she recognized as Middle Eastern wear from an old fashion class elective she had taken in high school.

Beside her crouched Silver, who was warily watching the crowds pass by the alleyway’s opening. She had woken up to the noise, being a light sleeper. She didn’t know where they were or what had happened, but it was obvious they weren’t where they had originally been when they had grabbed the Piece of Eden. Confused, worried, and apprehensive, she woke the only person she knew.

“Do you still have that gun?” she finally asked, exhaustion still lined her voice and she turned to look at Silver. Silver’s eyes widened a fraction as she shook her head in worry. She had dropped when she hit the ground from being clubbed across the head. Which was another thing, there was dried blood across her face (which she had hurriedly wiped off), though the wound was mysteriously gone.

She suspected it was due to the Piece of Eden, but she had no proof and the mystical treasure was gone upon her awakening in this strange place.

“Useless.” Genesis scoffed as she quickly hopped up onto her feet, stretching her stiff legs as she did so. She felt great, despite still wanting sleep. Sleeping upon the ground had never bothered her, like most people complained out. She often found it rather comfortable, in fact.

Silver’s gaze narrowed into that of a glare. She wasn’t useless, she just wasn’t prepared. She wasn’t in her element and she didn’t appreciate this woman’s attitude. “ What do you expect? Do I look like some miracle worker? It was simply a series of misfortunate events and I can't change that. But for the love of all that is holy, don't call me useless. I don't see you getting us out of this situation any better.”

Genesis gave another of those bland looks to Silver, to which she felt more frustration over. She couldn’t tell if it was a look of boredom, disinterest or if she was unimpressed. Either way, it irked her.

“Okay,” Genesis nods, surprisingly calm at Silver’s accusation. “Follow me, princess.”

Silver scowled at the ‘princess’ bit, though she still followed as Genesis heedlessly led the way out of the alley, taking off and tying her jacket about her hips as she led the way out onto the seemingly busy street. Silver wasn’t so sure that was a good idea as she gazed around the crowds under the shadow the brim of her hat supplied her. All of the women were rather well covered, some more than the men, even. It didn’t seem as if Genesis cared much for this as she barged right up to group of three men speaking on the other side of the ‘road.’

Silver also noted that there were no cars, no telephone lines, nothing any modern day city had. And really, she didn’t see why they wouldn’t have it or did they somehow land in a third world country?

“Excuse me, sir.” Silver rolled her eyes. Oh, sure. Now you play innocent. she mentally scoffed though she began to pay attention, still eying the streets and buildings around her, mind working to figure out what happened.

The trio gave strange, shocked stares to the bespectacled woman who raised a brow, though she planted her hands on her hips confidently anyways. Their stares traveled down to her exposed midriff and they seemed to grow more shocked and appalled. She didn’t let it faze her; “Would you mind telling me what this place is called?”

“J-Jerusalem,” the portly man gulped, stammering over the answer as his eyes were wide. She shot him a confused look and even Silver’s brow furrowed a little. They hadn’t looked over Genesis’ shoulder at her, yet.