Chapter 22

I tried to breathe but all I inhaled was smoke. I felt pain all over my body, especially on my lower stomach. I looked down to see the state I am in, only to see blood everywhere. I observed my surroundings and realized I am in a car and it crashed into a tree.

What did the hell happen? I looked beside me and I saw a man on the driver's side. I couldn't make out his face but he's unconscious. Blood is oozing out of his head. I tried to call him but no voice came out, all I could do was a barely audible mumble. I tried to move, but the pain in my lower stomach kept me from doing so.

I heard a grunt beside me, the man is waking up. The sound of pain echoed inside the vehicle.

"Oww. My head is spinning." He muttered. All I could do was stare at him, then he looked at me.

"Oh my! Stella?! Are you alright?!" Panic filled his voice. I put my hand on my stomach and tried to say something but all I could do was mumble incoherent words.  

"Oh no! Baby, I'm sorry. I'm getting you out of the car. Hang on!" I closed my eyes at the pain and drops of tears escaped my eyes.

He quickly got the seat belt out of his body and got out of the car. He crossed the vehicle and went to the side of the passenger seat. He opened the car and tried to scoop me, but I screamed in pain. Why am I feeling so much pain in my lower stomach?!

"We need to get out of the car, Stella. It will explode anytime!" He said as he tried to scoop me again.

"Just hold on to me, baby. I'll carry you, just hold on. I'm sorry." He put my hand on his shoulder and I clung to it like my life depended on it. I cried in pain, as he struggled to hold me.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, hang on a little bit." He got me out of the car in no time. The gas is already leaking and smells so bad. The man ran as fast as he could but stumbled when the car exploded. The impact almost made him drop me but he stayed in a sitting position, crouching down.

--

I woke up gasping for air.

"Breathe, baby. Breathe." A voice echoed and tried to soothe me.

I opened my eyes clearly and saw Sehun's orbs staring down at me, worry evident on his face.

"Are you alright?" He asked me, putting his hand on my cheek.

I nodded. I looked at my hand and saw an IV injected in me. "What happened?"

"You were asleep for a day. I got a doctor to check on you, you needed an IV to gain your strength back and the doctor treated your wounds." He explained, rubbing his thumb on my cheek. 

"What about.. th- the-.." I started, not knowing how to finish my sentence.

"He's gone. His warehouse exploded." He said as his other hand grab mine, the one without an IV.

Honestly, I don't know what to feel. I don't even know where to begin. I didn't get my answers. Questions are still hanging in the air. Now that he's gone, will my parents, no- scratch that, will his parents get back at us? What will they do now? Will this cause more ruckus than what we've experienced already?

"Stella, you're thinking again." Sehun's voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Don't worry anymore, okay? You're safe now. No one's gonna hurt you." He assured me. "I'm sorry I was late that night. I- I just thought I should get you flowers but- but when I came, you're gone." His voice now seemed hollow.

Is he seriously blaming himself now? "Sehun." I started as I held his hand that was placed on my cheek. "It's not your fault, okay? Besides I'm completely fine. I'm still here, with complete limbs. You should not apologize." I told him truthfully. I can't believe he's apologizing. None of us wanted it to happen.