Chapter 9

I felt nothing as my mind tried to process everything that has happened. I don't understand a thing Kai said before he drove off. My mind is a mess, I have so many questions but I also can't seem to verbally ask them. I am not even sure who the person I need to ask is. Is it Sehun? Is it Mother and Father? But wait, did Kai just called them mom and dad? What does that mean?

I was occupied with my thoughts that I didn't even notice Sehun pulled up in front of the house.

"Stella." I blinked.

"I've been calling you many times." He looked at me, his eyebrows creasing.

"Uh- sorry. I- I just, I- " I did not find the right words to say. Am I conflicted? Am I shocked? Am I hurt? I'm not even sure myself.

"Let's talk about it later. Have you eaten?" Talk about what? From what I recall he's not involved in my family's mess. Oh, that he's in the mafia. Being in the mafia meant drugs, illegal weapons, illegal dealings and the most gruesome is killing. I was occupied thinking about my parents' doing that I forgot my husband also has something on his sleeve. I guess too many secrets were revealed today, huh?

I was thinking again that I didn't realize Sehun opened the passenger door for me.

"Snap out of it, Stella. I'll try to figure it out. Just-, just stop thinking." Sehun sighed. I exited the car door and headed inside while Sehun gave the car keys to Mr. Evans.

I entered the house with a heavy heart. I have too many questions, and I also have to ask not one, but three people: my parents and Sehun. I stopped walking in front of the stairs. I faced Sehun.

"Sehun -" I started but he cut me off.

"Yes, I am in the mafia." Well, that was pretty quick.

I actually was taken aback by his abrupt response.

"Why didn't you tell me? Oh gosh, I'm so stupid. If you told me, I wouldn't be in this mess. I wouldn't even marry you for god's sake-"

"That's the reason why I didn't tell you." He cut me off again.

What? "What? What reason? That I will not marry you?" I was shocked by what he said and I felt the need to clarify it.

"You know what Stella, let's forget about this conversation. Yes, I am in the mafia. Yes, I deal with things that are illegal. I never wanted to be in this but I have no choice. I have my company, the legal one I started from scratch. But the mafia, I never wanted any of it but I have to do it. I can't tell you everything right now, but I can assure you that I never killed anyone, I am a better person than that." With that, he went upstairs, passing by me. Not long after, I heard his bedroom door shut.

That explains why he goes out in the middle of the night only to go back in the morning to change. He never really was the kind of person who does one-night stands but I don't know if him being in the mafia is any better.

Still, he dropped the subject when I asked him what reason he was talking about. Is it really because he doesn't want me to back out of our marriage? Or is it something else? I felt frustrated as I went up the stairs, my questions still hanging in the air, waiting to be answered.

I changed out of my clothes and went to the bathroom to take a shower. A hot shower might help me calm my mind. I thought of my parents while I was under the shower.

I shouldn't believe what Kai said, I'm not even sure if I should even believe Sehun. Both of them have too many things they hide but what Kai said, that my parents are his parents and also that I am making use of myself now struck me the most. Am I really just a thing they use and throw me away when they get tired? My father gave me away to a businessman just to save his own company when his own daughter is on the line? No, I shouldn't believe what Kai said, I don't want to doubt my parents. There should be an explanation for this.