Chapter 7

After I told Kai that I am in an arranged marriage, things escalated pretty well. Kai and I got to know each other more but we still maintained professionalism when it comes to working. The cafe is doing great and I am already planning on getting more employees for the cafe to open at night. If things will go well for the next few weeks, I will turn the cafè into a bar at night. Then my store will be 24/7 open. I feel excited just by the thought of it.

Sehun and I barely see each other because I come home late and he leaves early. It's kind of a routine now and I am grateful for the peace I've had in the house.

"When will you be coming?" Kai messaged me.

"In a minute. Why? Miss me already?" I replied. I smiled at the thought.

"Yes." That was all he replied but it was enough for me to squeal like a teenager. Oh gosh, this guy will seriously be the death of me.

"Care to accompany me for dinner?" He messaged me again.

"Sure," I replied casually, but deep inside, I am dying. It's only been a week since Kai and I started getting deep, I know that things are getting pretty quick but I don't care anymore. I was happy at the moment and nothing can ruin it. I'm doing this for myself anyway. All this time I've been holding myself back with making decisions for myself because of my parents, but it's different now. I felt freedom for once, and I hope it'll last.

I decided to go to the cafè after lunch. Mr. Evans dropped me off as usual. As I entered the cafè, I was greeted by Jen. It looked so hectic inside and I felt bad I didn't show up sooner.

"Hey, Jen. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. Let me help you. Who gets these orders?"

"Thank you, Miss Stella. Table no. 5, no. 8, and no. 10." Jen pointed at each one. I quickly tied my hair, left my purse at the counter, and got the first tray, then went to table no. 5. I did the same with the rest.

More people started coming in and only then I realized that most of them are students. The second floor, which is the library is pretty much crowded. Some don't have a choice but to stay on the first floor.

"Hey, Jen. Why are these so many students?" I asked Jen as she passed by me.

"Oh. It's exam week next week. I guess they discovered your cafè find it a peaceful place to study." Jen replied placing mugs on the tray.

Jen quickly went to give the order to one of the tables. Once she got back, I asked her. "But don't you need to study too?"

"I will be fine miss Stella. You'll need me, there are a lot of customers today. Talk to you later." She said as she went upstairs.

I felt bad. I should really consider hiring another helper so it wouldn't be hard for Stella. They can both be part-timers.

"Americano. Table no. 7," Kai said as he put one on the tray. "Oh, hey. It's pretty hectic huh?"

"I guess so."

"Is the dinner still on?" He asked me.

"We'll see about that," I replied as I took the tray and went to table no. 7.

The day went by pretty quickly because we've been constantly going back and forth. We've been preoccupied with work even after Jen left for her classes. 9 pm came and it was time to close down. We over time a bit since there were still students studying and once they realized we're waiting for them, they decided to go down and bowed.

"We're sorry we held you up. We didn't realize the time." One bowed.

"It's okay. God bless in with your exam. Fighting!"