Chapter 25

I was expecting Suho to be at the door, that is why when I saw that it's not him on the other side of the door, my heart rate increased. I've been getting too nervous because of the past events that occurred and I couldn't help but be extra careful when I am outside.

"Are you Oh Stella?" The man in front of me asked. He looked to be in his early thirties, long haired and thick beard.

"Who are you?" I asked him before answering his question. I have no choice but to take extra precautions, especially now that no one is here with me.

I looked behind him when I noticed a movement under the streetlight. My heart rate increased when I saw a hooded man lurking in the shadows. He looked as if he's observing what this man will do or what I will do, I am not sure.

"Here's a post addressed to you." The man in front of me brought me back from my trance. I looked back at the post man and turned my vision back to the hooded man briefly. He's still there. What is his deal?

"Please sign here." The postman suddenly said which made me involuntarily turn my attention back at him. Deep breath, Stella. Deep breath.

Where are you Suho? I thought to myself as I took the pen offered by the post man.

The nervousness I've been trying to mask became noticeable when my hands shook.

"Are you okay, maam?" The postman asked. I smiled briefly and nodded my head, trying my very best to keep composed so that the man under the streetlight will not notice that I've seen his presence.

I gave back the pen to the post man and got the envelope from him, keeping it in my jacket pocket.

"Thank you, maam." He said before leaving the area. I closed the café's door quickly, my actions calculated. I noticed the hooded man leaving the streetlight.

Inhale, Stella. You got this. I might lose him if I circle around the block. Who is this man, anyway? I thought everything is over? Am I still at risk? When will my life be quiet?

Is this the end of me? I might die without saying goodbye to Sehun. Oh no, I haven't even told him how I feel about him.

A thousand thoughts swirled around my head but what brought me back to reality was the fact that I am hearing his footsteps now. It definitely means he's near me. I looked around me to see nothing, no people, no cars or anything that could help me. My last resort is to run. I might make it, I might not. So, I ran, I ran like there's no tomorrow. His footsteps accelerated. I looked behind me to see that he's running too. I ran faster. I am literally running for my life right now.

I made a right turn but my heels slipped off. Making me fall on my knees.

"Ouch!" I muttered as I scraped my right knee and elbow, but there's no time for that now. I removed my heels and ran again, but the pain in my knee made me slightly limping. I am hearing his footsteps getting nearer and I've got no chance to lose him if I am limping. My speed decreased because of the pain. I got no choice but to hide. I made a left turn, and noticed a car parked right next to a closed commercial space. It is my only hope now. I ran as fast as I could and hid myself right next to the car.

I heard his footsteps becoming near and I decided to duck under the car so I could see his feet. He stopped in front of the sidewalk, not knowing where to go next. I covered my mouth with my hand to control my breathing and silently prayed that he will not go near the car or I will be doomed. He turned to the left and started running towards that direction.

I breathed a sigh of relief when he left but not long after, I hear his footsteps coming near again. He came back. Oh no, he came back. This will really be the end of me. I ducked under the car again and covered my mouth with my hand. I see his footsteps coming near the car.