Kageyama Tobio - Bruised Ink

Start from the beginning

Chuckling she looked up but kept her head down, gifting you the sight of a mischievous look. "Or they could be sweating it all off."

"How often does a person sweat to get rid of that much ink on a daily basis?"

"There are some dedicated athletes out there." She shrugged, rubbing the golden tattoo on the back of her hand. "Then again, all soulmate connections are a bit different.

Humming, you turned back to your painting that leaned against the wall. "What are you working on this morning, Ms. Ono?"

Behind you, a page flipped followed by a groan. "First-year English."

"First-year? I thought you taught second-year English?"

"I did for Sugawara's class, but I usually teach the first-year."

You pushed your brush into the canvas a little harder. "Damn, I thought I would get to be in your class."

"Sorry, kiddo, but you wouldn't be in my English class anyway. But your Japanese is improving!"

You huffed through your nose. "I'd hope so, the Sugawara's really aren't giving me a break." You studied your canvas and took a step back, looking at how the light bounced off the surface and made the teal look with the less saturated colours.

"Good on them."

"Don't encourage it!"

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Kageyama, what happened to your arm?"

The boy's grown out bowl cut swished as he flipped his arms around turning his head in search before eventually finding the offending colour that had spread into his skin. Twisting his arm, he gave the colour an indecisive look, before poking it his index finger. "Must be a bruise. Probably smacked it when we were setting up the net. Doesn't hurt though. So hurry up, let's get started."

"Why does everyone have to get to school so early," Sugawara mumbled to himself, pushing the door to the gym open as he ruffled his hair. He spoke louder, "Tanaka, can't you stop these two?"

"Sorry, dude. But I'm having fun with this. Why are you here so early anyway?"

Sugawara sat down in the doorway, changing his shoes and rolling off his uniform pants to reveal his loose shorts for practice. "(Y/N) has been coming to school early to paint. And my parents said 'they'll get lost, you go too' instead of 'no, sleep a little longer.'"

Tanaka huffed through his nose, "Has (L/N) been settling in well?"

"Oh ya. Eichi loves the new company. But now I have to keep up with essentially two siblings instead of one and these two idiots." The silver-haired boy yawned as he gestured at the two first years that yelled at each other while throwing balls into the air.

Tanaka gets out a gruff chuckle before running into the centre of the gym to join the duo with endless energy.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Gone again," you mumbled as you slowly packed up the bento box that Koushi's mom had prepared for you.

Your arm, which had been covered in paint stains and ink marks across the whole colour spectrum, had been wiped clean. No doubt the work of your soulmate and whatever activity they partook in during their free time.

Grumbling, you took out your white ink pen and doodled a subtle frowning face on the inner crease of your wrist.

Ms. Ono rose from her seat, patting away invisible dirt that clung to her dark pencil skirt as the warning bell sounded through the speaker system. "Alright, (L/N). I have a class to teach, out you get." She shuffled hat stacked papers in her hand, pausing for a moment as a look of realization was thrown onto her face. "Oh and, there won't be art club this evening, so tell the other members too."