Yaku Morinosuke - Patient Growth

Soulmate AU: Red String (the string on your finger points in the direction of your soulmate for about 4 inches of length before disappearing, only to make a full string connection when in each others range of sight)

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader, time-skip spoilers, short and sweet.

Word Count: 3k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"(Y/N), why are you doing math? We had it last semester."

Pulling the protractor away from your pinky, you looked up to Micky's face, watching as her eyebrow pushed upwards to her sleek hairline. You clicked your tongue, mouth open for a moment as you slid your notebook in her direction.

"Pythagorean theorem. Seriously, what are you doing?"

You raised both hands off your desk in surrender as you tilted your head away from the girl's questioning stare. "Okay okay, hear me out."

"That doesn't exactly give me good faith."

"So, the red string soulmate pair has mostly died off as of the late century or so right?"

Micky sighed, swinging her leg over the backrest of the chair in front of you, sitting backwards and she crossed her arms over your desk and leaned forward. "And?"

"And, because a lot of people have no need to know about tricks for the red string we were never taught. A lot of people have tattoos nowadays so I get it, don't teach about every soulmate history, that's fine."

"Get on with it."

"Okay, okay." You spun your notebook around for Micky to see it straight on. "After some research, I discovered that people used to use the Pythagorean theorem to find the exact location of their soulmate using the angles of the string attached to their hand."

"Okay cool, so why are you doing this instead of our English essay?"

Clenching your teeth, you looked away from Micky's brown eyes to the tiled floor of your classroom. "Well, to be fair I have finished the essay."

"We were assigned it yesterday."

"I said it was finished, not good. But besides that. I've done five separate calculations, but the angles I'm getting don't change at all, I'm getting a straight line. No triangle, no location."

Furrowing her brow, Micky leaned back against the desk behind her, large fluffy hair tickling the back of another classmate's neck, making them giggle. "Oops, sorry."

"Don't worry about it."

Mickey leaned back toward you, fingertips pulling at her ends. She sighed, "Have you considered that they might be so far away that 100 metres doesn't give you enough clear information."