Miya Osamu - tick. thump. pt 2

AU: Soulmate

AU: Soulmate

Tags/ Warnings: GN! Reader, mild language

Word Count: 2.5k

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

"In deep thought or daydreaming?" Osamu's voice carried through the empty shop.

Two days had passed. The first was spent trying to convince your parents to hire him without fully disclosing that he was your soulmate and had a girlfriend. That was truly a lovely experience. The second day was you teaching a very nervous Osamu how you did things and what to do which was another lovely experience considering that he only had experience in the kitchen and not with dealing with customers at the counter — the thing that your parents needed. The only other thing he did besides being a foodie was play volleyball.

To which you had said, "As long as you don't spike an onigiri in someone's face, I think you'll be fine."

You looked up as you wiped the counter. Osamu stood near one of the tables leaning on a carefully balanced broom. You were closing up and waiting for your parents to get back from the store. His face was unreadable, but not emotionless. In the couple of hours you spent with him, you noted that he wasn't very expressive. He'd work quietly when he was cleaning or preparing and was friendly and kind when he greeted people. He was different than you thought that he would be.

Honestly, when he said that he was willing to break up with Airi when he met you, it put a bad taste in your mouth. But now, you could understand why it was an instinctive reaction. Whenever you stole a glance at him, the light would always catch him at the perfect angle. His eyes were bright and his usual deadpan face would have a light smile when he noticed you. Oasmu's laugh was music, and his questions were captivating. He almost seemed too good to be true.

Is this how he saw you? What you saw and felt was real, you had no doubts about that, but it didn't mean he saw you the same way.

"Always a bit of both," you replied. He asked you this each day when there was a lull. It was his way to get you to open up, and you did promise that you wouldn't be strangers.

He smiled, and you stifled a flinch. "Care to share?"

"You first." You bit the inside of your cheek.

The world seemed to be pushing the two of you together under the name of "soulmates" but a part of you removed yourself from the equation. You had built a steady wall between the two of you that you wouldn't dare cross. It was only when he asked you this, that you let yourself indulge.

"I'm in Seoul right now," he said. His eyes glazed over and he licked his lips. You resisted the urge to snort. The other thing you noted was Osamu's love for food, the only time when his heart was on his sleeve and he became an open book. "I'm eating tofu soup, sweet and spicy fried chicken, and the waiter gave me free ice cream. It should be great, and the food always is, but I want more. One bite is never enough. One bite only makes you more hungry."