Sakusa Kiyoomi - Green or Gold

AU: Royal + Butler

AU: Royal + Butler

Requested (I had a Butler Sakusa idea in my head so I'm happy that he was requested)

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader,

Word Count: 13.1k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Drat, where is that child? (Y/N)! Your parents request your presence! (Y/N)!"

The poor butler ran around the palace gardens, desperately searching for the young royal through the shrubbery. His white gloves tore as they got caught on the thorns of rose bushes. He sneezed as the pollen got in his nose, mentally cursing the active 4, going on 5, year-old for making him run around without his mask.

"Snip."

The butler's dark curls bounced as he looked up. His son, age 7, carried a single-handed clipper in his two hands and chopped off the odd twig and branch that stuck out of the rose bush's neat shape. The young boy kept his eyes on the pants, meticulously trimming as he sniffed underneath his mask.

The butler, Daiki, sighed. "Kiyoomi, have you seen the young royal?"

The boy paused for a moment, eyes shifting to the side before shaking his head silently. The older man whined.

"That rascal. The king will very well take my head if I don't find his kid soon."

The small Sakusa giggled quietly into his mask. His father leaned down to peck his head before standing straight and flicking the sleeves of his suit jacket and running off. Beckoning calls for the young royal followed him.

A small rustle was heard overhead, causing Kiyoomi to look up at the pink petals of the garden's only cherry blossom tree. Within the bloom, a pair of small legs swung in time to airy giggles.

"Your Highness, you shouldn't be hiding from the king."

Your voice chirped like the birds that hopped cautiously around you. "I'm not hiding!" Kiyoomi tilted his head up just in time to see the birds fly off at your little screech. "I'm just not being found." You let out small harrumphs as you tried to step your leg onto the nearest branch.

The small leaves at the end of the branch rustled as your weight was added. "Ah, how did—?"

Kiyoomi watched your head swivel wildly as you look for your next step. "How did you even climb up there?" Setting down the clippers he came to stand beneath you.

"I," your bottom lip jutted out, and your brows pinched, "I don't know! Help me!"

The curly-haired boy sighed into his mask, before pulling it beneath his chin. The pollen, though bothersome, could be dealt with easily. He reached his arms up as high as he was able. "Jump."