Tsukishima Kei - Table for Two

AU: Regular

AU: Regular

Requested (I changed it a tad...thank you for waiting)

Tags/ Warnings: FEM! Reader, mild unhealthy relationship, mentions of alcohol/drinking, mild swearing, angsty (?)

Word Count: 3.3k+

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

You distinctly remembered asking the waiter for a table for two.

But you sat, unsurprisingly, at the dinner table by yourself. It should have been surprising though, being stood up on your fourth anniversary with Tsukishima.

The people around you glanced at you with faces full of pity. Especially the people who were nearing the end of their dinner and had gotten there after you. You were even at the point where you wanted to accept their pity — at least they seemed more interested in your relationship than Tsukishima did.

You closed your eyes, trying to make the tightness in your chest go away.

After a moment, you took out your phone again, hoping to see a message from him. There wasn't one. You tapped on Tsukishima's contact. Your fingers hovered over the call button. Would calling again make you seem clingy? You didn't even want to check all the text messages you sent him.

You shook your head and gritted your teeth. He was the one who should have been here. It's his fault. You weren't clingy or needy. You were an idiot for still being with him.

"Excuse me," the waiter said. You looked up and mustered the best smile you could even though you had a feeling you were going to be asked to leave.

The waiter held up a plate. "This is on the house from those ladies over there." He gestured over to the bar where two women sat. They were in deep conversation, whispering to each other.

You weren't one to pass on free food, but still, you had to ask, "Are you sure?"

He nodded and placed the plate in front of you. "Enjoy."

"Thank you."

You ate happily by yourself. You ordered all of the food you wanted and a fancy drink —that was way overpriced— but you didn't care. You made your own money, and you were going to spend it.

Halfway through the desert and five fancy drinks later, which you were starting to think had some form of alcohol in it, you pulled out your phone again. You took another bite of the sweet treat and held the phone to your ear.

"Hello?"

"Yamaguchi?"

"Hey, (Y/N)," he said. "How was dinner?"

"Well, dinner was great. The food was amazing and I think I ate so much I could go into hibernation."

"You sound happy," he said. You could hear his smile through the phone. "And not that I don't like talking to you, but why are you calling? Aren't you out with Tsukki? It's your anniversary isn't it?"