Tsukishima Kei - Red Pens Pt 1

AU: TA -> Co-workers

Word count: 1.7k

*I'm not 100% sure how teacher's assistants work and they work differently with each school, so just go along with the fake system I created

*Nor do I know anything about physics so you'll see me dodge some content about that...

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

"You are required to have a teacher's assistant," Tsukishima's boss said. Tsukishima received a call that morning telling him to go to the Dean's office after teaching his first class. "It's part of the program at this university. These T.A.'s are going to be the next professors, the next people teaching. You need to have one."

Tsukishima frowned and pushed up his glasses. "But teacher's assistants do all of the work. Aren't I paid to teach?"

"You are still going to teach," his boss sighed. "Teacher's assistants lessen the workload on you. They mark essays and tests, but you still get the final say on everything. Professor's want teacher's assistants, Tsukishima."

He didn't want one. He liked the work. He likes marking tests and essays, helping his students understand their mistakes to improve and rolling his eyes at the assignments he knew were done last minute.

Maybe he could go through all of the assignments and only give his teacher's assistant the ones that didn't have any care put into them. Or maybe he'll give in-depth tests that'll make them want to quit.

Tsukishima looked up at his boss. "Fine. I want a good one."

His boss waved him out of the door. "They're all good, Tsukishima."

Tsukishima raised from his seat and turned to leave. "Oh, I bet they are."

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Tsukishima fired the first teacher's assistant.

The second one quit.

The third one was fired too.

And you were the fourth. Fourth time's the charm, right?

Despite your friend's warnings to not take the teacher's assistant position, you took it anyways. Once you walked into the room and sat where the T.A. sits, the students gave you a look of pity. One student even came up to you and wished you good luck.

You heard the rumours about Tsukishima's past teacher assistants, that he scolds them constantly during class for not knowing the content when he gives them a chance to teach or that he sends them to get coffee. You even heard the rumour of the last teacher's assistant asking out Tsukishima and them getting rejected, and being told he doesn't date teacher's assistants.