Chapter ~9~

Inuyasha's POV

It's been one week since the encounter with Ankoku, I was still worried that I would wake up and find Kagome gone. Ever since Kagome returned with me I didn't let her out of my sight unless she was with Sango or Miroku or Shippo.

I know this is a little over the top, it just that I don't want to lose her again and I plan on never losing her again. I just hope I can defeat Ankoku and Naraku before Kagome is consumed by the darkness.

Kagome's POV

Inuyasha was sitting on his usual branch in the Goshinboku. His eyebrow furrowed as he looked into space deep in thought.

I hopped onto the branch with some difficulty, if I may say so myself.

"Your face is going to stay like that if you continue to keep it like that," I say poking him between the eye. "Also you head is going to explode fo you keep thinking so hard."

"Haha very funny Kagome," Inuyasha pulls me towards him, so I am straddling him.

"What are you thinking about?" My head tilts to the side on it's own. I probably look like a confused puppy.

"I was just think about you and how cute you look," Inuyasha says, rubbing my ears.

"Mmmm," I purred, closing my eyes.

I heard Inuyasha's sexy chuckle and I snapped out of my moment of pleasure.

"Tell me the truth, I know that wasn't just what you were thinking about. And I know it," I say, planting my hands on my hips.

"Fine, I was just thinking about what will happen if I don't defeat Ankoku and Naraku in time," Inuyasha ends up whispering in the end like he doesn't want me to hear what he was thinking about.

Why is he thinking about that now? Why can't our lives just be normal where we would fall in love and none of this would happen and I wouldn't be being consumed by the darkness?

"Inuyasha, let's not think about that right now and just enjoy the moment. We don't know how long we have until it happens," I whisper placing my hand on Inuyasha soft cheek, rubbing my thumb over it.

"Alright," he leans into my hand.

I place my forehead against his, closing my eyes. Inuyasha's scent surrounds me. Pine and mint.

I just wanted to spend the rest of my life with Inuyasha. To have a home to share, to have children, and grow old together. But all that is happening, could cause that future not to exist.

Without realizing it a single tear had fallen down my cheek.

"Hey, hey Kagome, it's alright," Inuyasha licks the tear from my cheek, nuzzling his cheek against mine.  

"Oh Inuyasha," I cry into his shoulder.

Everything I have held in for a week is now coming out. All the pain and the fear. I just clutched his shoulders, letting it all out. Inuyasha ran his hand through my hair and rubbed my back soothingly. He jus let me try, and that is what I did.

"It's going to be alright. I am going to protect you. I love you, I'll always love you," Inuyasha says soothlingly.

"I love you," I hiccup.

"Kagome you don't have to hold your emotions back," Inuyasha says, kissing my nose.

"Okay," I say wiping my cheeks.

"I love you, you don't have to hide anything from me," he says wiping on stray tear.

"I love ya too," I whisper, kissing him.

Inuyasha's warm lips return my kiss, wrapping his arms around my back pulling me unimaginable close to him. I smiled, a true happy smile, and wrapped my arms around Inuyasha's neck.

His lips trailed down neck, planting open mouth kisses everywhere. I moaned leaning my head back. I know I'm not ready to go all the way yet, but maybe soon, but a little kissing can't hurt can it.

"I love you, I love you," Inuyasha repeated kissing my neck and whispering sweet nothings into my ears.

His kisses became a little rougher, on my neck. More eager.

"Kagome can I mark you?" Inuyasha continues when he sees my confused look. "It will be a temporary mark. It will allow me to feel what you feel, but it will eventually fade."

I nod, and lean my neck to the side.

"This will hurt a little," Inuyasha says and started sucking and licking my neck.

Inuyasha kisses my neck and goes down to the spot where my neck and shoulder meet. He sucks on the spot and I can feel a welt forming. But it felt good. Soft moaning sounds came out of my mouth.

"Ready Kagome?" Inuyasha asks,

"Yes."

I felt Inuyasha fangs sink into the soft flesh of my shoulder and neck. My back stiffens and arcs towards Inuyasha. But that sudden flash of pains soon turns into pleasure as Inuyasha licks away the two small trails of blood that came from the two punture wounds.

In it's place was a red crescent moon with the name Inuyasha written across the center, It was beautiful and shows that I am Inuyasha's and that he is mine.

"Oh Inuyasha it's beautiful," I whisper running my fingertips over it.

"Not as beautiful as you," he says running his fingertips down my cheek and then down my neck.

I kiss his cheek and lean my head on his shoulder and just enjoy the moment. Ever since me and Inuyasha had confessed out love to eachother, we haven't got to have a lot of time to just talk, and kiss, and cuddle.

I nuzzle my head into his neck, kissing it lightly, silently saying I love you. Inuyasha returns the gesture, and I just sigh in happines, hoping this moment will never end.

~~Author's Note~~

Hello my hanyous, so Inuyasha marked Kagome. I hope you are enjoying the fanfiction. I love all my readers and hope to have more and more. Sorry for any grammatical mistakes.

So please continue to read and...

COMMENT!!   :)

VOTE!!    :D

SHARE!!    :P

FOLLOW!!    :}

~~BrilliantCrescent