Before I could ask him anything, I felt a hard smack on my butt and I cried out in surprise. I turned my head back to look at him but he had a serious look in his face and his eyes glinted a kind of hunger which sent shivers down my core. Then there was again a smack and another one followed right after. It continued for quite a while and I bit my lip hard to avoid making any sound, but it was futile.

My face was flustered and my breathing was shaky and erratic. I felt a stinging pain every time his hand came in contact with my soft flesh, the thin fabric of the dress not doing justice of any sort. An unknown pleasure erupted within me and as much as I hated to admit I wanted more. It was hard to stop the traitorous moans that slipped past my lips as much as I tried to control them. After a last smack, he gently rubbed my now sensitive skin and helped me sit up on his lap.

I couldn't face him, I couldn't after knowing he had heard my cries and whimpers of pleasure. I was embarrassed and ashamed that I had liked every bit of it. From the corner of my eye I could feel his intense gaze burning on the side of my face.

"Look at me, princess" he said in his deep voice, a hint of warmth in his tone instead of the usual coldness in it.
I turned my head ever slowly and faced him, his eyes now burning into mine and I felt heated up all over again.
"Princess or not, you deserve to be draped into the finest silks of them all, even though they could never do much justice to a beauty like you" he whispered deeply in my ear, his lips brushing my earlobe which caused sparks of electricity to course through my body.

I started at him in a completely astounded manner, still processing the words I had just heard.

He looked at me briefly and continued speaking,
"I granted you lenience and allowed you to go out but the first thing you do is run away" he chuckled, pushing my hair behind my shoulders and burying his face in the crook of my neck.
"Why must you be so difficult?" he mumbled with his lips softly pressing against the skin of my neck. I let out a soft moan and I could feel him smirk against my skin.
"I did not run away...I-I needed some time for myself without being followed around creepily by the guards" I defended myself.

He pulled back and slightly tilted his head in amusement.
"I would like to hear you out, princess. Join me for dinner" he smirked.

What the actual fuck!
So now he wants to hear me out? Did he spank me for the joy of it?
Asshat! I cursed in my mind.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend time with him. I clearly remembered every word he had said the previous evening. When we were alone, he was an entirely different person but, in front of his people he goes all cold hearted and cruel and treats me indifferently. He's so infuriatingly bipolar!

"You would have to excuse me, I'm not hungry" I answered getting off his lap and turning away from him.

He rose up to his full height and grasped my wrist not allowing me to move any further.
"It's not a request princess, it's an order. You better listen or I might have to repeat the punishment which you undoubtedly liked" he whispered huskily.

My cheeks turned red in colour.
He knew I liked it and I hadn't felt this embarrassed in my whole life until now.
"I'm starving! I cannot wait, let's go quickly" I said sarcastically and practically ran out of the door. I could hear his loud chuckle as he followed behind me.

I reached the dining room and waited for him to arrive. He came in after a few seconds and we both got seated. The food was served shortly and the maids and the servants left the room afterwards, leaving us alone. I knew it was time to talk, after he gave me a questioning look. I decided to speak first.

"If I'm going to be a Queen, it's important to connect with our people so today I decided to make some friends" I said,
"That doesn't explain why you ran away from the guards" he stated,
"If the people saw the guards, they would know I am a royal and they wouldn't treat me like they would treat an ordinary person. I wanted to talk with them and I wanted them to behave with me the same as others" I explained,
He looked at me with a sense of pride I could see appreciation and respect for me in his eyes.
"Tell me about the friends you made" he ordered in his deep voice.
"They were an old couple and were sweet and kind. They invited me to their home and baked me some cookies" I said smiling, remembering my parents.