Chapter 10

Nova

"Carter, put me down! Now!" I said pointing towards Nicholas, who was now raging with fury.
He immediately put me down and had an anxious expression on his face.

Nicholas marched towards us fuming with anger while I barely managed to stay on my feet. He straight away grabbed Carter's collar and lifted him of the ground and threw him across the field. Oh my freaking god!

"Stop! It's not his fault. I asked him to carry me because I couldn't walk" I said wearily.
He growled lowly and stalked towards Carter who was now on the ground, and furiously started punching him. I limped towards him to stop him, while he kept on smashing Carter's face. All the warriors and guards had gathered around us to witness the scene.

"No! Please don't do this!" I begged and he paid no attention to my words as he continued hitting him. Carter's nose was now bleeding and his face was badly bruised. He was barely conscious. I felt a pang of hurt, because I was responsible for this. I need to stop him before it gets worse. So I did what a sane person does. I hugged him from behind and he completely froze. Whoa! I didn't expect that to happen.

"Nicholas, please don't do this! You cannot hurt him for helping me. Carter is your friend!" I said softly. I slowly pulled back, and he turned towards me with an outraged expression.

"Take him to one of the tents and treat him" he roughly ordered to his guards while he kept his eyes on me. He snapped his fingers and everyone left immediately leaving me alone with him. I couldn't help but feel nervous. I am not usually like that, all shy and quiet, but he is so intimidating and I feel weird things in my tummy when he's near me. He moved closer towards me, his tall huge frame easily towering me. I do have an impressive height, but his presence makes me feel small.

"When you cannot walk, you tell me, not another man" he gruffly said gripping my shoulders with his large hands.
"He was just helping me, what's so wrong about it? He's my friend, not some random man. It's not like we were making out, so chill" I said clearly annoyed.

He gripped my shoulders more tightly and pulled me closer to him,
"I don't like it when another man touches you, Isabella" he said deeply.
He has never called me by my name before, even though it wasn't my name. I felt a hint of disappointment. I wanted to him call me Nova.

Fuck! Why am I acting like this? I hate him, I yelled in my mind, but at the same time I am not able to understand why I feel something towards him. I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Nicholas gazing at me intensely. He thinks he owns me but nah, that's not the case.

"You don't own me, King Nicholas" I said boldly.
His eyes darkened again and he pulled me so close that I was crushed against his chest. He gripped my jaw with one hand and my waist with another. My heart hammered loudly in my chest and I was afraid. My mouth definitely needed a filter to stop me from saying wrong things at the wrong time.
"I own every inch of you, princess" he growled, "It seems like if you have forgotten. Let me remind you" he chuckled darkly.

He started to lean closer to my face. Oh no! I squirmed and struggled to move my face, but he had me right where he wanted. He slammed his lips against mine and forcibly started to kiss me. He gripped the back of my neck and moved his lips against mine in sync, and I resisted as much as possible. When I didn't kiss him back, he bit my lower lip so hard that it bled.

Tears streamed down my face even though I tried holding it back. He broke the kiss after what seemed like an eternity and looked at me without any emotion. I wiped the tears quickly and tried to get far away from him. I took a step back and a jolt of pain shot across my leg which made me stumble. Nicholas held me up almost immediately preventing me from hitting the ground. I wasn't thankful cause I'd rather fall down, than be saved by him. I despise him more than anyone else. Without a warning he picked me up and carried me towards the carriage. I didn't protest but let him. It's best to ignore him and work on getting out of here.