Chapter-16

A quick update like I had promised;)

Nova

An unknown anger seethed through my veins after witnessing the scene in front of me. I took a good look at the woman who had just walked in. She was quite tall, with sleek platinum blonde hair cascading down her waist and had thick eyebrows with luscious lips. She was dressed in ostentatious clothes and expensive ornaments which indicated she was royal.

She flashed her eyes towards me and an expression of distaste overtook her face. Nicholas had the usual cold expression on his face and he didn't even attempt to push her as she clinged to him like a lizard. I didn't like that, at all!

"What are you doing here, Cassandra?" Nicholas asked her,
"Am I not allowed to visit you, my darling Nik?" she said puckering her lips which made me cringe in disgust,
"You can visit anytime, make yourself at home" he replied solemnly,

I cannot believe he just said that!
Who the fuck is she? Is she one of his ex girlfriend or something?
I felt a pang of hurt strike through me at that thought. I didn't know why I was reacting like that, but I had never felt this intense dislike towards someone I just met. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard her speaking.

"Why thank you! I also heard you are betrothed to a princess, won't you introduce me to her" she said faking a smile, but I could clearly sense the annoyance dripping in her tone.
"She's right here" he said gesturing towards me.
"This is Princess Isabella Rosette Campbell of Elysian, and my betrothed" he said looking at me and continued "Isabella, this is Cassandra Brooke Caprice, the Queen of Valevia"

Oh! She was a queen. That explains the crown on her head.
"It's a pleasure to meet you" I said politely, even though I felt like thrashing her.
"Hmph, if you say so" she replied pushing her straight hair behind her shoulder.
"Are you sure she is a princess? I thought she was a maid. She looks quite ordinary and plain to me" she said looking at me from top to bottom and scrunching up her nose.

Yes, I was under dressed and I didn't even put on a tiara.
I wasn't even a royal, so why should I care? But, I will be royal once I marry Nicholas, won't I?
Whoa! What the heck am I thinking?
I cannot marry him, I need to get my ass out of here. Stick to the plan idiot, I said to myself.

"She is a princess but quite different from the rest" he said gazing at me.
Was that an insult? I didn't know what to think anymore.

"Oh Nik, you can certainly do better than her" she scoffed.
"Yeah Nik, you can do better than her" I said emphasising 'her' and she knew I was talking about her. Her face turned red with anger and I grinned. Nicholas shook his head at my behaviour. I wasn't the one who started it. I cannot believe he's taking her side.

"Cassandra, I suggest you go settle in your chambers. I'll see you at dinner" Nicholas said to her,
"Alright then! I'll tell them maids to fetch my trunk. I think I might want to be in a chamber closest to yours, it will be easier for us" she said seductively trailing her fingers down his bicep.

I was fuming with anger. She looked at me and smirked. I looked at Nicholas and saw there was no change in expression on his face. I thought he would say something against it.
If I am his betrothed then he shouldn't be seeing other women, right? I guess that's not what it is. He wanted her and of course who wouldn't?
I hated to admit, but she was very attractive. He would obviously want her. Then why the fuck did he force me to come with him when he already had women falling at his feet.

"I'll see you soon, my King" she said in a sickening sweet tone and walked out of the room not before giving me a dirty look.
Bitch! I cursed internally.
I turned to walk away too, but Nicholas grasped my wrist, preventing me from leaving,
"Where do you think you are going?" he questioned with slight annoyance in his tone.
"Away from you" I said looking away from him,
He turned my face towards him, by holding my chin. His deep silver eyes looked at me in confusion and anger.
"I thought you would stay here, with me" he frowned,
"It seems like you have company. You shouldn't keep her waiting, so I suggest you to go and entertain her" I said those words with difficulty, trying hard not to show my grief and continued,
"Whereas I'll go and entertain myself, with these" I said picking out three books and hugging them close to me. He looked at me with a hint of amusement in his eyes, but didn't say anything.
"I'll see you at dinner, then" I said forcing out a smile and hastily walking out of the room.