Chapter 8

Nova

"I have decided that Princess Isabella Rosette Campbell of Elysian will be bound in a wedlock with me, King Nicholas the third of Arcane, two full moons henceforth from this day" he announced and smirked.

Yesterday was a full moon day. That means I have two months. Freaking two months!
I need to get out of here before the wedding day. Damn it! I don't have much time. I need to work more, cause building back the whole machine right from the scratch isn't a joke. Thank heavens, I have most of the equipment. Also, I need to find out the exact coordinates which would take me back home.

The night had almost come to an end. All the guests were departing. King Nicholas stood there watching me with an unreadable expression on his face. Half of the time, I don't know what goes on in his head. That arrogant bastard was smirking at me. Ugh! I hate him, like a lot. When I build back the wormhole machine, I swear I'll transport him to Antarctica. I bet he'll be happy with the penguins and polar bears.

I saw King Thomas walk towards King Nicholas and asking him something, more like requesting. I was wondering what it might be.

"Your father is pleading King Nicholas to allow you to visit us sometimes. After tomorrow we don't know if we will ever see you again, my dear Bella" The Queen said as if she read my thoughts.
"I-I cannot lose you again, Bella. Your father and I cannot go through that again" she continued her voice breaking down and her eyes filling with tears.

I clasped her hand in mine.
"Mother, please don't cry. You will never lose me. I'll always be there in your hearts. We have to be strong for the people of Elysian, we have to protect them and this is the only way" I tried to convince her.

She nodded and gave me a sad smile. By now everyone had left. King Thomas came to us and said that King Nicholas had denied his request. I had never expected him to agree in the first place.

They looked miserable and helpless. I still had a few hours left and I decided to spend it in the North wing with them. Earlier Jane had packed all my stuff. I made sure to hide all my equipment along with the jewels and ornaments. I hadn't seen her during the feast so I began to look for her after telling mother I would be back soon.

I started searching the hallways, corridors and rooms, but she was no where in sight. I was aimlessly wandering around a particular corridor and because of my ill fate, I once again ran into someone, who was none other than the Great King Nicholas.
Fuck my life!!

"I thought you would be with your precious parents after all, you won't see them after tomorrow" he chuckled lowly.

It's none of your business, I wanted to say but I didn't want him to get angry

"You know, after tomorrow I won't get to see this precious wall, right over here" I replied sarcastically leaning against the wall and looking at it with a sad face, "So, I'm spending my time with this wall" I continued grinning at him.

He moved closer and I tensed. He placed his hands on the either sides of my head yet again and looked straight into my eyes.
"If you like this wall too much, why don't I give you something good to remember right against this wall" he whispered lowly leaning closer to my ear.

I flushed and my breathing pace increased.
"W-What are you planning on doing?" I asked anxiously.
"This" he replied and looked at me with his dark eyes and smirked.

In a swift motion he grabbed both of my wrists and pinned them against the wall and pushed himself more closer to me leaving no gap between us. I tried to release myself but it was useless because he had me cornered yet again. He leaned closer towards my face and I quickly turned it away sideways. I should not have done that because the very next moment I could feel his lips on my neck.