"It wasn't any of that, Randi. It was just the fact that we were drifting apart and we never talked about it. We just passed each other, said 'Hi' and went about our day.

And Francine told me that your family were planning an intervention, but the psychiatrist that they were talking to, who was going to be there with them, recommended that you separate yourself from me."

"What?" Randi yelled.

"Francine said that the psychiatrist felt that you living with me was a negative influence on your life and if you were to be saved, as she put it, the first step was separating you from me."

"So, the best way to heal someone is to separate that person from the one person they loved more than anything in the world?"

Randi stared at Bill.

"Does that make any fucking sense to you?"

"At the time, I just wanted you to get normal, again. Well at least back to the Randi I knew.

Winning the lottery gave me the opportunity to do just that, to get away.

I disappeared for a while, but I kept in contact with Francine and your father. They both told me that you were back home and doing better, but if I really cared about you, I should stay away."

Randi stood up and started pacing.

"Those fucking liars."

She stomped her feet, slamming her fists in the air.

"FUUUUUCCCCKKKKK."

Randi walked to Bill.

"You got a smoke."

Bill lit a cigarette and passed it to Randi.

"Dad did show up at the apartment. He stood in the fucking hallway, yelling at me.

He told me I was a disgrace to the family and I had embarrassed him and my mother. He told me I needed help to get over this 'disease' that had infected my mind.

He said I was going to hell and I was an abomination.

The he slapped me across the face and grabbed my arm, trying to pull me out of the apartment. I kicked him in the fucking nuts and called the cops.

I called the cops on my own father."

Randi wiped her eyes.

"And then I was really alone. I had no one."

"Randi I didn't know."

"Of course you didn't, because you fucking ran away. Just like you did, anytime things got rough.

I'm surprised you are still here."

"Well, it is ..."

"I know. Matty told me."

Randi sat by Bill again.

"Stop running, Bill. From what I see, you have it made here. This is the most beautiful place I have ever seen and Matty ...

My fuck, she is the most beautiful woman I have ever met. Both outside and inside.