Chapter 65: Shattered Soul

Start from the beginning

"Who?" She repeats, her voice as light as a feather.

"Harry." I say.

There's a sharp intake of breath, before a shudder runs through her body. "I'm going to kill him."

Those five words coming from Mia's mouth, is possibly the scariest thing I've ever witnessed.

Her words sound calm and collected, yet beneath them is pure, icy cold hatred. For the months that I've known Mia, I have learnt that she is not a killer - In the slightest. She wouldn't even shoot me, when I taunted her. She saved Dante's life, even when she knew she could've been found and discovered.

Yet, despite all that, at this moment - I know she is fully capable of committing murder.

But that's just it. Mia isn't built for this life. She is in no way a killer, even killing Harry would devastate her. She would kill him, and only then would she realise what she had done. Killing Harry is only another step towards self destruction.

I can't let her kill Harry.

I can't let the pieces of her soul shatter any more than they already have.

I look up to my father, to find that he has left. Just as he always does, leaving others to clean up what he has left behind.

I turn back to Mia. "We will find Harry, and he will pay for what he has done. No one else will die because of him. Not Dante or Alice, no one." I tell her.

She says nothing in response, and only takes in a shallow breath.

***

It's been hours and Mia has been totally unresponsive. I've tried talking to her, I told her I would answer all of her questions - But she hasn't spoken one word since she said she would kill Harry.

She hasn't cried, or screamed, or tried to hit me.

I doubt she would've even left the entry way unless I took her to her room.

I want to be there to help her, to support her - And yet, I feel as if my presence is only rubbing salt onto the wound. Maybe I just need to give her space to grieve in her own way. Over time she'll get better, I hope.

"I'm going to go get dinner, you stay here and I'll bring it up to you." I say, before slipping from her bedroom and making my way down towards the kitchen.

Once I'm in the kitchen, I dismiss the staff and get some pasta from the cupboard and begin to boil some water. Grabbing some cream and bacon from the fridge, I begin to prepare carbonara. Hopefully this will make her feel a bit better - I know she enjoys it.

"How is she?" My fathers voice asks from the door frame of the kitchen.

I stop cutting the bacon momentarily, before I swiftly move towards my father, carefully placing the blade against his neck. "You have no right to even say her name." I hiss, pressing the knife further up against him.

He laughs, and leans further towards the blade. "Go ahead, kill your father over some girl you've known for not even a year." He smiles, that same sadistic smirk he pulled the day he kicked Katerina out of the house and denied her all of her inheritance.

"I'm not afraid of killing you." I state.

"Then do it." He challenges.

So I press it up further, enough so that a trickle of blood rolls down his beck and stains his white dress shirt. His smile doesn't falter.

He wants me to kill him. This man is insane.

I pull away the blade and throw it into the sink, running my hands through my hair.