chapter 8: you're too precious

The president quickly returned from the bathroom, after putting the bottle of nail polish away.  As she walked back towards me, I realized that my nails had dried.  She climbed back onto her bed and sat on her knees as she reached out to me.  She grabbed both of my hands and smiled.  "Well?  Do you like them?" she asked me sweetly.  I was so excited that I subconsciously grabbed her own hands in mine.  "Oh, president, they look perfect!" I said with a big smile.  "I'm very glad you think so." the president replied with a softer smile than before.  She glanced down at my hands that were grasping hers which made me conscious of what I was doing.

As soon as I became aware of my embarrassing action, I quickly let go of her hands and my face turned bright red.  I stuttered, "I-I'm sorry, president, I-I-" she interrupted my choppy sentence with a cute laugh.  She leaned in closer to me and placed her hand gently on my thigh. "Sayaka, dear, you're too cute," she continued, "you worry about the silliest things."  My heart feels like it's about to explode. The president of Hyakkaou Academy just called a low life like me cute. Her compliment almost distracted me from her cold hand gently placed on my thigh.

I shifted on her bed slightly as I tried to control my 'homosexual' panic, as Ikishima likes to call it.  "Would you like to take off your jacket?  Your body feels a bit hot, Sayaka." the president asked me.  Yes, it's true that my body feels like it's on fire, but it definitely is not from the room temperature.  "U-um, sure." I say as I begin to slide my grey zip-up hoodie off of my shoulders and place it on the floor next to my bag neatly.  "That top really suits you, Sayaka." the president said as her finger glided across my exposed collar bone.  The feeling of her cold fingers on my chest sent another shiver down my spine.  "T-thank you very much, president!" I reply shakily as I self-consciously allow my shoulders to droop inwards. 

"You know," the president began, "I believe this is actually the first time I've seen you in casual clothes." her finger that was slowly tracing my collar bone made its way to the center of my chest and stopped.  She looked up at me with a smirk as her finger rested on my chest, "I could totally get used to this." she mused.  How can she say this stuff without getting embarrassed?  That is one thing that I think to myself quite often with her daily teasing.  I look down at my fidgeting hands as I struggle to say, "You're t-too much, p-president."  I blush as she removes her finger from my chest and begins to twirl a piece of my hair playfully.