chapter 7: lavender kiss

The president quickly returned with a small bottle of beautiful lavender nail polish with small sparkles coating it.  She climbed onto the opposite side of her bed and said happily, "Alright, come here, Sayaka."  I turned my body around in the bed so that I was facing her.  She sat with one leg down and the other leg bent.  She gently took my hand and placed it on her bent knee to support it.  She lightly shook the bottle a couple of times before twisting the cap off.  I sat with my legs crossed and tried to relax so that she wouldn't feel the tenseness in my body.  She carefully dipped the brush in the paint, and wiped off the excess on the top of the bottle.  She stroked my pointer finger with the brush, leaving a gorgeous trail of the sparkly lavender nail polish on my nail.

"Wow, president, it's so pretty!" I said as I stared in awe at the president's delicate hand holding my own hand as if it were the most precious thing in the world.  The president looked up from my hand for a moment to allow her eyes to meet with mine.  She gave me a soft smile as she gazed into my eyes, "Like I said," she continued, "this color reminded me of your eyes."  I couldn't hold back my happiness and gave her a sweet smile.  She's so gentle and kind with me, she normally doesn't care about anyone but herself.  She continued painting my nails quickly and efficiently.  She painted every single nail evenly and perfectly at an impressive speed. 

"Goodness, president, you're good at this."  I said, impressed by her skill.  She let out a giggle and replied jokingly, "Perhaps I should retire my position as president and take on a job as a nail technician."  Just as she finished her sentence, she finished painting my last nail.  She managed to make me laugh with her remark.  Who knew that the cold president could be so playful while away from school?  "Then I would gladly become your receptionist." I answered as we both laughed together. 

"However, I don't think I would do very well in that position." the president said as she screwed the lid back onto the bottle.  "Why is that, president?" I asked curiously.  She gave me a smirk as she got up from her bed to put the bottle of nail polish back into the bathroom.  "Well, you see," she said as she began to walk to the bathroom, "I would have a rather difficult time holding someone's hand that wasn't yours."  She turned to look at me with that same smirk and mischievous look before quickly slipping into the bathroom.  I could feel my face burning up for the millionth time this evening.  I hate it when she teases me this much, I get so embarrassed.  However, I won't complain.  Not many people can say they get to interact with the president like this.  I look down at my freshly painted nails and blush as I wait for the president to make her return.