chapter 24: this girl

Goodness, what a night...

I can't even tell you how many times I subtly pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

She led me back to her bed, and we got under the covers.

"You're still shivering, dear," the president wrapped her arms around me, "you need to eat more."

I lean into her as she pulls me closer.

"I suppose..." I sigh sleepily.

"Do you know why I asked you to come over today?"

I blush as I feel her breath in my neck, "To do that extra student council work? Right..?"

She hums with amusement, "Yes, the extra student council work that I knew from the beginning was due next weekend."

I turn to look at her, "W-what? Why didn't you say so?"

"Oh, Sayaka, as smart as you are, I thought you would've figured it out by now." she says playfully.

Although my eyes are heavy with tiredness, I blink at her trying to grasp what she's saying.

"I just wanted to hangout with my dearest secretary," she smiles cheerfully.

"B-but you could've just-" I pause.

The president would never just straight-forwardly ask to hang out. She always has to do stuff in her own odd, yet exciting way. After our talk on the balcony, why should I even bother to question her?

I laugh lightly, "I'm glad we finally got the chance to do so..."

She pulls me in closer and kisses my forehead, "Me too, Sayaka..."