chapter 22: cosmic lust

"Have you ever seen a supernova?" the words rolled off the president's tongue. She slides her finger off of my lip and down to my chin, allowing me to answer her.

"Unfortunately, I have not, president," I reply to her sudden question softly, a bit perplexed.

"Neither have I, dear," her eyes light up, "however, it is my utmost dream to experience one with my own eyes one day."

She slides her hands off of my waist and up my back, gracefully pulling me into an embrace. Although, I am a bit surprised at first, I immediately relax as I feel her body indulge into my own. It is as if we are one. She brings her mouth beside my ear, and I feel a shiver go down my spine as I feel her warm breath on my skin.

"Just imagine..." she whispers chillingly, giving me goosebumps, "A chain of nuclear fusion reactions, triggering an explosion the size of a galaxy..."

She pulls me closer into herself, so that our cheeks are close enough that they lightly brush up against each other.

"You wouldn't believe how beautiful it is." she whispers, a bit softer than before.

She pulls back from the hug, sliding her hands down my arms. Once her hands finally reach my own, she grasps them. I begin blushing harder as I feel her thumb motion gently in small circles on my hand. We are now face to face with each other, holding hands in front of our bodies. She steps a bit closer, lifting our hands up to chest level.

"If I am ever so fortunate as to see one in person," she softens her facial features slightly, "you will be right there next to me, Sayaka."

The way she put a different emphasis on each syllable of my name made my heart pound even faster. I seriously must be dreaming, this is much too good to be true.

"To see something so bizarrely, seemingly impossible that it almost appears to be absolutely illogical," she continues passionately, "however, without a doubt completely rational in a scientific sense..."

She looks so incredibly dashing in this moment with the way the moonlight coats her pale skin. Her breathtaking silver hair that holds the most beautiful waves from being firmly braided all day. Her blue eyes sparkling with pure curiosity as she shares her dream with me. The way her voice purrs when she speaks flawless, seemingly poetic, sentences. All of it is nonetheless otherworldly.

"Just like you and I..." the president continues as I absorb every single word, offering every ounce of my attention to her affectionately, "A girl who relies on pure irrationality drawn to another girl who relies on absolute logic."

I feel tears forming at the corners of my eyes as I am taken away by the extraordinarily charming woman's moving words. My mouth hangs slightly agape as I try my best to process what is going on. Surely this is not reality...

"That is exactly why I am so captivated by you," the president gives me the purest and most genuine of smiles,

"You are my supernova, Sayaka Igarashi."