Somewhere Beyond The Sea

The long awaited Fem!Shep X Thane Krios

Somewhere, beyond the sea🎶
Somewhere, waiting for me,
My lover stands on golden sands,🎶
And watches the ships that go sailin'

Somewhere, beyond the sea 🎶
He's there waiting for me,
If I could fly, like the birds on high🎶
Then straight to his arms I'd go sailin'

It's far beyond the stars 🎶
It's near beyond the moon,
I know beyond a doubt🎶
My heart will lead me there soon

We'll meet beyond the shore🎶
We'll kiss just as before,
Happy we'll be beyond the sea🎶
And never again, I'll go sailin'

Thane's webbed hands guided my hips as we swayed to the old jazzy tune, his deep emerald eyes blazing with passion and love. A deep love that you could never quantify with just one word; a yearning for soulful connection between two people, with a lack of terms fitting to describe such a feeling.

Maintaining eye contact, I run my hand up the slope of his scaley shoulder pulling him closer to me; our cooking breakfast nearly entirely forgotten in the wake of such an endearing, emotional moment.

The eggs sizzle and pop as we swirl around the kitchen, goofy smiles slathered on both of our faces. I step on his feet yet he never cared, he kept me in time, pulling me along back around to the stove.

Stilling to flip the eggs, his strong hands smooth over the hem of my apron, linking around my waist; effectively locking me between lean arms and sinewy chest.

Suddenly he faded to dust, and the kitchen along with him; I was left standing in a heap of smoldering ashes, caught in the heat of a blazing city. My lungs ached, as ash clouded every sense I possessed, invading my mouth, stuffing my nostrils, and burning my throat.

I coughed, and began to cry as I fell to my knees, kicking the dust up.

"Siha," I was shaken awake, a cold sweat slicking the apex of my forehead, and a deep unsettling nausea punching me in the guts, "siha, you're crying."

I rolled into my side, facing the drell currently curled up next to me in bed, "Yeah very bad dream." My tone waves and I grit my teeth, damning myself for emotional weakness.

"My siha," he offers me a consoling caress, eyes sleepy and weary, "Don't dwell my love, come let's shower."

"But Thane, your kepra-"

"Hush. My passing is inevitable, so I'll shower with you as much as I can while I can." Swinging his legs across the Cerberus bed, he struts over to the mini staircase; turning back to beckon me from my sweaty, cushioned prison.

Silently I wrench myself from the covers, head wringing miserably, eyes going black momentarily from standing up too quickly. My legs move before my brain can properly plot a course, and I end up sauntering into the bathroom behind my lover; memorising the way the dimples in his back shift as he strips the black briefs from the rise of his iridescent thighs.

As usual, I wore nothing, only the flesh drawn over my taut muscles, accompanied by a tapestry of worn scars; my eyes drifted to the mirror as he began to engage the shower.

My eyes held purple bags hostage beneath them, my hair was beyond tousled and my eyebrows were two angry bushy caterpillars; I felt just glorious, so I looked away, smearing my hand into my face.

A calloused hand pulls me into the shower, warm water rushes down over us both, filling the air with steam as small rivelets began to cut paths down our bodies.

When he held me against him like this it's hard to think of the past or the future, only the present; only him.

Only the feeling of his fingertips digging into the softness of my lower back, the heat of the water, the atmosphere the steam produced; my mind instantly relaxes, and I'm set free.

Definitely gonna be part two, just a little tired atm. Been a long day.
Thank you guys so much for reading my stuff, means more than you'll ever know.
BCD