To Break a Fever

Legion x Fem!Shepard

I hated the cold, with damn good reason; I couldn't even go on diplomatic missions due to a relentless head cold. Nor could I have much contact with the crew because I feared I would pass it onto them. So, I sat shivering in my lavish cabin with three blankets wrapped around me in an elaborate cacoon; the heat was cranked up to 85° yet I was still a contracting, sniffly mess. Me head ached like someone was slamming into it with a jackhammer, and the smallest noise could make it worse; even the little gurgle of the fish tank agitated my migraine to the point of it being nearly unbearable.

Suddenly, my private terminal pinged, signaling the arrival of a new message. Reluctantly I wrought my withered body off of the bed, and waddled up the stairs in my swaddle of comforters, not giving a rat's behind that they were dragging behind me on the floor. The message was from Dr.Chakwas, and read as follows-

Commander,

I know you're very sick.
and lonely, so I'm sending
Legion up with some
medicine, so you might
have some company.
Hopefully the geth
gentleman has a bedside
manner.

Sincerely,
Chakwas

I smiled at the message, a bit of warmth spreading in my chest, the doctor did know me best; my thoughts and smiles were interrupted by an abrupt sneeze attack consisting of three back to back sneezes. "Damn head cold!" I cursed at my own aching head,before sourly turning the display screen off and proceeding to make my journey down the stair case once more. When I reached the bed, instead of sitting down like a normal person, I face planted into the soft cushiony goodness that was a Cerberus grade bed.

Soon after, the door to my cabin dinged, "come in!" I groaned loudly into the bed. Behind me the sound of whirring fans and servos entered the room, as did heavy footfalls, "Shepard-commander, we have medication for you." Legion waltzed down the stairs with ease, approaching my bed side slowly. I growled, covering my head with the blankets; the head ache was nearly deafening, "Thank you legion,"

He set the meds on my nights stand, be fore turning his dim optic back towards me, "Shepard-commander, you are shivering," he came closer to the edge of the bed, dimming his optic even further, "I have a request." I looked at legion in confusion, I had never heard him use first person before, "must be i-important." He nodded before sitting down on the bed, heat radiated from him, he felt so welcoming, "Shepard, allow us- me, to break your fever." I quirked an eyebrow, not finding the energy to look at him incredulously.

"Okay," I shrugged my shoulders, sniffling, "but if you put your uh...feet? In my bed please dust them off beforehand. " legion did as I asked, wiping his 'feet' (questionmark) and turning to throw his legs up on the bed. "Come here," the phrase soundly surprisingly organic, and strange coming from his synthetic voice which had respectfully dropped an octave. The geth situated us with my back facing him, which he then proceeded to wrap himself around me; his leg was draped around mine, with his arms wound about my waist, and his optic tucked into my neck. "Legion wha-" I began, trying to turn in his clutch, "relax Shepard," heat began to pour off of his metal chest peice. The affect was immediate, I relaxed into his embrace, as he dragged the covers over us.

"Get well Shepard, for me." He said quietly as I drifted into a fuzzy state of relaxation.

Word count 600
A little platonic fluff.
More coming soon

BCD