Chapter Twenty Eight.

Caleb was laying on Eddie's couch when his phone ringed. He frowned, it was always Eddie who called him, and Eddie was in the kitchen cooking dinner. He picked up the phone and grimaced when he saw it was his father. His father was the last person he wanted to speak to, but he answered the call.

"Dad?"

"Caleb, thank God." His father sighed through the line. "I was worried sick about you!"

Caleb blinked.

"What."

"You can't go to your mother's and not call me!"

"Oh."

"And then be alone with her! She isn't stable!"

Caleb didn't give a fuck about that. He could just think of one thing.

Dad was worried about him. Worried for him.

"You were worried." He said.

"Of course I was." His dad said. Like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Of course I am, Caleb."

"Mom said you'd be there."

"And you trusted her."

"I did."

"How are you?"

"I'm good." He considered it for a moment. "Now. I'm fine now. Last night I wasn't fine."

"Where are you?"

"Why?"

"I want to see you. Where are you?"

Caleb looked at the kitchen to see if Eddie was listening, but he wasn't.

"I'm at my boyfriend's." He stood up and went to the kitchen.

"I can see you later, if-"

"Boo?" Caleb called. Eddie turned around.

"Yeah, baby?"

"Can my dad come over?"

Eddie frowned.

"Uh, if that's what you want to, then, yeah, of course."

Caleb nodded and stood on his tiptoes to kiss Eddie's cheek.

"Thank you." He went back to the phone. "You can come over, if you want to."

__________________________

Eddie ended up cooking dinner for three. Caleb was nervous. Anxious. Even though Eddie and his father had already met, this time was official. Normal.

It was what it should've been the other night, at his Mother's place.

He was nervous, but his father was worried about him. When was the last time he heard those words in his father's voice? Probably back at his drunk year. Nothing that happened during his drunk year mattered.

To calm his anxiety, he was sitting in Eddie's lap, kissing him.

Eddie had sat besides him and started to ask something, but Caleb threw himself at him, whispered "I need this," and Eddie had wrapped his arms around him and kissed him back.

What a perfect man, Caleb thought.

He didn't know for how long they'd been kissing, but it calmed his anxiety, a lot. He parted away to breathe and Eddie kissed his cheek.

"Better?"

Caleb nodded.

"You want to see your dad?"