Chapter Twenty Four.

*Please comment, vote and share!*

When Caleb finally fell asleep, Eddie let himself worry.

Every word Caleb had said, every little thing he had told him echoed in his mind and he couldn't help but feel extremly worried.

He had known Caleb had suffered. It was obvious. It just wasn't what he expected at all. He had lost his twin sister and spent a year drunk and high.

Eddie couldn't imagine a life without Nico, who he considered his brother. He didn't know what he'd do if he lost him. Let alone a twin sister.

And the other thing he couldn't shake off his mind was how Caleb had mentioned in barely a whisper that he didn't remember half of the days drunk. That he would wake up in stranger's beds-

He looked down at the boy in his arms. His face was still puffy from all the crying and he was clutching to Eddie as if he were afraid he might leave. Caleb desesperately sobbing in his arms was another thing he couldn't take off of his mind. The heartbreaking sobs and the way he had clutched to him, the way he had screamed he was sorry... it was all too much. It hurt too much to see his Caleb so upset and sad.

But he believed it was all going to be just fine. They were together now. Caleb would never be alone again. Never. It was all going to be just fine.

He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms tightly around Caleb and fell asleep.

________________________

When Caleb woke up, the first thing he realized was that Eddie wasn't on the bed with him. How weird, he thought sarcastically. From all the times he had slept with Eddie, he remembered waking up with him just three mornings. He was just so active all the time and Caleb too lazy.

The second thing he realized was that the day before he had told Eddie everything. He sprang foward and sat up, panicking. Everything that happened yesterday was against his own rules. At first he panicked because suddenly he was incredibly vulnerable, but then he realized again that Eddie wasn't in bed with him. And then he was panicking about it.

What if he had left him? What if he had realized that Caleb wasn't worth it? That he was too complicated?

What if he was alone again?

He stood up and went to run for the door, but suddenly Eddie appeared in the doorway of the bedroom. He appeared with his soft smile, his beautiful eyes shining as he looked at Caleb, and all his walls went down. His tensed body untensed and he sighed.

He crossed the distance and basically threw himself at Eddie, wrapping his arms around his neck on his tiptoes. Eddie instantly wrapped his own arms around Caleb's waist.

"You didn't leave." He whispered.

Eddie frowned and pulled away.

"You thought I would?" He asked softly, cupping his cheeks with his hands.

"I don't know. I proved myself to be quite a mess yesterday, didn't I?"

"Nah. The only thing I care about is that you're okay. Are you okay?"

Caleb stared at him for a moment and couldn't help his eyes becoming a little watery. Was he okay? For the first time in a long time, he was. It wasn't like all his problems had been solved just because Eddie loved him, but now he had hope. He knew everything would eventually be fine. He was ready to heal. He wanted to heal. He wanted to leave the past behind, to stop hurting at least. And there, in Eddie's arms, hearing the words he'd always wanted to hear, looking directly into those gorgeous dark eyes, he just knew everything would be fine.